May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very lucky today, the weather was lovely after a Gale Force storm caused lots of damage yesterday.
This allowed our Archie friends to do a Magnetic Survey of our Celtic/Roman Site. I would encourage all Detectorist to build those bridges & work with the Archies, specially our UK guys. It's a WIN/WIN!
Our previous data & finds from the site was shown to a committee to decide if it was a good 2 week Student Project. When the Roman experts saw our finds & data, they said, no way to the student option, it was a too good a site. I heard today that they want to raise £100,000 to do a proper dig!
The guy who did the Mag. Survey today couldn't believe his eyes (hard to wipe the smile off his face), the results could not have been better, & we stuck him right on the Roman House, first grid.:thumbsup:
The results have some very strange anomalies which they got excited about but had no explanation for. I've seen lots of Geophysical results but nothing like this. In fact when I get forwarded the results I may not be able to post them, until we can work out whats going on. Maybe with a small test dig before the 'big dig'. For now Mum is the word.
One of the Archies ladies had a Whites detector & asked for a go. She did OK, got 1 Roman Coin, the only Fibula of the day, & a Spur. (after showing the owner we will post them to her)
5.5 hour Hunt;

11 Roman Coins - 1 Good one
1942 Shilling
Another Celtic Bronze Unit (same as last one, but poor condition)
Rose Farthing
Roman Nail
Bits....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 20
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE;
The first County Archeaologist that saw our Geophysical results had about as much clue as we did. So, as it stands we need more eyes on!

Further update;

Just had another archie state;
''I think it IS an anomaly that should be taken seriously''

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread