Seventh Day in a Row Hunting had a Silver Lining

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today my daughter and I went to a muddy field close to home for a few hours in the 70 degree temperatures here in Massachusetts. I ran the AT Pro and her the Minelab X-Terra 705. The only coin found today was my daughter’s 1920 Mercury dime, her tenth silver of her career. Other finds were three ornate buttons (one surface find), a rivet with some remaining leather, a lead thing, an (animal) tag with the numbers MPS1 0806 on it and some interesting iron.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

02_24_2017 1.jpg 02_24_2017 2.jpg 02_24_2017 3.jpg

Upvote 10

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing weather up here, isn't it Doc? Very cool hunting with your child- I've been out with my youngest son and my 10 year old grandson- it's awesome. Congrats to your daughter on the Merc!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure is Jeff, think we will go for a hunt later today! :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your daughter congratulations from the TN community on her merc. dime.
Great work professor.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt - you did well taking advantage of unusually warm New England temps lately! That Merc was truly a silver lining around those other finds. :icon_thumright:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats on your daughter finding the Mercury dime. It's nice to have someone to share memories with. Somethings you just never forget.

tabman

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations to your daughter for a very pretty Mercury dime. I bet she was thrilled. You deserve credit for getting out hunting seven consecutive days! How's your arm holding up? With any luck , our ground will stay thawed and snow-less for a while. Good Luck on Day # 8!

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Silvermonkey,

Some of my machines are heavy and require a harness for long days but some require nothing; so my arm is feeling great. I hope to get out today!

I wish you great success today hunting in the warm weather.

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread