Tesoro Mojave - One Frigging Piece Of Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I was having a hard time trying to figure out where to go this morning, so I decided on going to two places. I first hit the school and about dug myself to death digging pencil eraser ferrules before unearthing a silver earring. I wasn't in the mood for all that so I headed off to the cookie lady's house to detect her yard.

When I got there she wasn't there, so I proceeded to grid search her front yard and right away I found 3 wheat pennies. That got me pumped up, but I didn't find anything else in the front except for those wheat pennies and a some modern day coins.

I figured before starting detecting the backyard I would get the rest of those rotten landscape timbers and re-bar out of the ground for the nice lady. That liked to have worked me to death. Those re-bars were about 2 to 3 feet in the ground.

After finishing that job I carefully grid searched the backyard, but found nothing but a couple of modern coins. Tired of all that misery, I decided to leave to go to another site.

As I was about to leave the lady who owned the house drove up. That gave me a chance to get her phone number and give her mine, because she has car sitting in her driveway that she wants to sell. Only a couple of days ago I stopped and talked to guy (Steve) who has put me onto some really good sites up down his street. He told me that he was looking for good used car for his son since he blew a motor and the car wasn't worth putting a new motor in.

I drove about mile and half to give Steve the lady's number and address but he wasn't home, so I left a note on his front door with all the details about the car and contact info. About that time the lady at the house that I had just left called and she said that she has just talked to her neighbor and got the go ahead for me to detect her yard. Not sure which house she was talking about I told her I'd be at her house in about five minutes.

When I got there the lady walked me next door to introduce me to Katie. The old lady knocked on the girl's door and she came to the door and motioned that she was on the phone about getting a job as flight attendant.

While waiting the old lady told me that girl is as sweet and cute as can be, but she has a sugar daddy and that she has been talking to her about changing her ways. She said that the guy she's dating is married and is 35 years her senior.

After a few minutes, the old lady said she had to go and get ready to leave to go visit someone at the nursing home and she left me standing there waiting for Katie to get though with her phone call.

Finally she finished with her phone call and came outside to see me. Yep, drop dead gorgeous! I introduced myself and thanked her for letting me detect her yard. I chit chatted with her for a few minutes to get in really good with her. I pays to be nice, because she might have friend that will let me detect their yard. Nothing gets by me.

Oh yeah, I give her a key chain light and she really liked it. Hopefully I can find some silver in her yard.

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave - Silver Earring 001.JPG
    Mojave - Silver Earring 001.JPG
    849.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Mojave - Silver Earring 004.JPG
    Mojave - Silver Earring 004.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Mojave - Silver Earring 007.JPG
    Mojave - Silver Earring 007.JPG
    426.2 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing. Well silver is silver and an earring will have to do today, but there is always tomorrow! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story, thank you for sharing. Well silver is silver and an earring will have to do today, but there is always tomorrow! :icon_thumleft:

I'm hoping for rain, I'm tired and having way too much fun. I need rest.

tabman

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wear it out tabman!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea detecting will show you muscles that you forgot you had!

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, at least you have FOUND silver, unlike me. One piece can mean a lot.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you dig everything, that's for sure.

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man I get tires of those metal eraser ends off pencils too! I dug about 2 dozen of them at a playground. I did find a silver toe ring though. Oddly similar. Keep diggin!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone! I'm sipping on a cup of coffee and I'm going to be taking it easy today.

tabman

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but that one piece of silver was unable to hide from the great Mojave! 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions