foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it had to be the Silver Dollar Lot.
smilegrin.gif
I'm going to have to rename it the Silver Mine.
lol.gif
It was so pretty after lunch, I had to get in a before supper hunt. Wasn't expecting much, but that is when this place surprises me.
yes.gif
Doesn't seem possible there is a square inch that hasn't been dug, but the silver keeps showing up (not that I am complaining). Found four Silver Quarters, so I would certainly call it a successful hunt. Hope you don't get tired of me posting these hunts, cause I sure never get tired of doing them.
yes.gif
Till next time. Happy Hunting !!!

Attachments

• 2272017 Hunt.jpg
    2272017 Hunt.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 2272017 Hunt2.jpg
    2272017 Hunt2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2272017 Foreign Front.jpg
    2272017 Foreign Front.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2272017 Foreign Back.jpg
    2272017 Foreign Back.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Upvote 28

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guessed correctly! :laughing7: Glad the 'claim' hasn't played out yet. :thumbsup:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a site- just keeps on giving!! Congrats & continued success!

-- Jeff --

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have more silver on this post than I'll find in a year, unless I go back to CRHing. This has been a lot of fun to watch. I'm guessing someone has mentioned it already but is there any way you can move the dirt with a piece of heavy equipment. That's the kind of place you wish you could scrape a few inches off the top and see if there's even more significant finds deeper.

OP
OP
foreverRich

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have more silver on this post than I'll find in a year, unless I go back to CRHing. This has been a lot of fun to watch. I'm guessing someone has mentioned it already but is there any way you can move the dirt with a piece of heavy equipment. That's the kind of place you wish you could scrape a few inches off the top and see if there's even more significant finds deeper.

If I owned the lot, I would go in there with a backhoe and tear it up. As it is, I know one day this opportunity will end. When the lot is sold and they build a house on it, everything under it will be lost forever. There will be plenty of coins that never get recovered. Get sick just thinking about how much was buried in a landfill. Some of the silver dollars have been recovered over 18" deep on this lot.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More to come I'm sure.
Wtg

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible finds!! Keep an eye on the lot even when it's sold because I'm sure whatever is built there there will be dirt moved around.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try raking off six inches over several feet (or yards) in some of the better areas to try for some of the deeper goodies . An iron rake and a good shovel could be tried randomly for several inches of top layer removal just to see what and how much is still down there.Don't ever apologise for posting these amazing finds - this is what keeps us going until we too can live the dream!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your killing me. Here we go again, "WOW"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that place keeps delivering the goods, congratulations! :occasion14:

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesus that's just insane I've been following it's everyone's dream to find a site like this!! What's the count on silver so far from this lot?!

OP
OP
foreverRich

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesus that's just insane I've been following it's everyone's dream to find a site like this!! What's the count on silver so far from this lot?![/QUOTE

This is a tally so far:

11 Silver Dollars
4 Eisenhower Dollars
3 SBA Dollars
1 Presidential Dollar
6 Walking Liberty Halves
1 Franklin Half
24 Kennedy Halves
30 Silver Washington Quarters
1 SL Quarter
15 Mercury Dimes
12 Silver Roosevelt Dimes
9 Buffalo Nickels

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! That's a once in a lifetime spot ya got pal! Super hoard!! Keep up the good work HH!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! Congrats! Keep hitting it as long as you can! If you can get your hands on a PI machine, it might get more depth, you may have to dig more trash but you might get some more of the deeper items. Good Luck!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, great hunt and a great spot.
Keep going back until your machine doesn't even make a sound anymore. I know I've found lots of excellent treasures in my hunted out spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread