Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday I decided to visit a park I haven't been to in awhile. This park has a few hills and I figured at the very least, it was time for a Clad Harvest. The weather in the Northeast this January and February has been crazy good. That has also added to more people in the parks and more stuff getting lost.
I started at the bottom of a hill to see if the only snowstorm we got this winter provided enough sledding into the wall. Actually, the Parks Department puts out bails of straw at the bottom of the hill to keep the sled riders from slamming into the stone walls.
Within the first half hour of swinging, I hit a mercury dime. Always nice to hit silver. It didn't stop there. I pulled a coin spill, 2 deep wheat pennies and a 1959d Washington Quarter.
I was right about the clad replenishment. There was plenty of quarters and dimes to be had. Some of them were deep and had me thinking silver, more than once.. One signal on the DEUS was registering a 96-97. That is very close to Iron which starts at 98. My horseshoe depth meter was telling me that this target was shallow. At about 3 inches I pulled out a chunk of silver that turned out to be a heavy men's good luck ring. (.925)
I did manage a second Mercury dime, giving me a 3 silver coin day.
It was a 93 coin hunt with a lot of up and down. I got on the bike at 5;30 and headed home a happy camper.

IMG_6121.JPG IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG IMG_6125.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread