Tuesdays Finds

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Tuesday's Finds

I found these in a yard that I had partially detected sat. when I found some skeleton keys.The BSA belt buckle is cool....always like finding bsa stuff!!Not sure of what the brass piece is, and I also got a wheatie missing the last two numbers on the date and the outer rim. also got 23 cent in clad and a few other odds and ends. I can't wait to go over the schoolhouse in the pic!! Happy hunting!!

Attachments

• march  15  finds.jpg
    march 15 finds.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 252
  • bsa belt buckle mar 1505.jpg
    bsa belt buckle mar 1505.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 254
  • mill town school.jpg
    mill town school.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 260
  • part of mill 1.jpg
    part of mill 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 249
  • part of mill.jpg
    part of mill.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Tuesday's Finds

Neat finds! Now if you can get the brush out of the way, you might be in there all spring! If not, they might find you there during hunting season. Be careful and HH!

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2

Yeah it,s kinda grown over.....which might be a good thing.....hopefully there is still something left!! This is the second school that was built in this town...the first school(I found out where it's location was from an old timer that still lives there) is where I want to try next! I found out where the first park and ball field were located too!!Hope the weather gets better so I can get back out there!!

N

Newbie1967

What a terrific spot to hunt! I wish you the best of luck!

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2

Thanks 1967
It's a killer spot to hunt(the whole town!!!) Gonna take a long long time to detect all this!! H.H.!!

C

chaazz

that looks like an awsome place to detect. good luck and let us know what you found.

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the finds. It looks like you have a nice site there to hunt, it ought to keep you busy for a while. Happy Hunting. Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

The question comes to mind would a combo weed whacker/metal detector be a useful tool? Good looking huntsite, have fun!

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What a beautiful location to hunt, too bad that neat school was let go. Around here the historical people would have fixed er up. Bet you'll find some neat digs! Sara

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great finds,,, and site...
If ya take a weed wacker, try to get ya one of those blades for the bigger brush. ( their almost like a saw blade )
They work great on all those 1" and 2" saplings...
Good luck...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Make sure you have plenty of insect repellent W/lots of DEET. Although the cold up that way might slow 'em down a bit. See there is a use for all that snow to be grateful for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread