Buttons and a silver washington makes another great day at church!

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Well, after doing pretty well the last few days at the congregational church, I decided to donate $2.00 of my clad (in dollar bills) to the church fund. The lady who gave me permission reallly apprecieated my small gift, so she told me that there are 5 nearby churches in town that I could go to also. I went to one in baiting hollow. I found out that it has been detected before, but oh well. Found a bunch of clad but no old stuff. I soon got a penny/dime signal with the occasional bounce to quarter. Found a nice flat button somebody must've missed, since it was next to a tree root the size of my arm! It was getting up to 90 out, so i headed back to the other church. found 2 more wheats, a 47 and 52d that were 6" deep. Got a navy button at 4 1/2 and decided to head home to get into the shade. Determined to start a silver streak, I headed into my well hunted backyard and focused on the deep signals. After a few short minutes, i got a solid quarter signal at 6". BINGO! Picture 014.jpg

Here's the wheats and buttons. Picture 013.jpg I passed the $30 mark in clad found since my break from the Culinary Institute on June 16th. I'm finally getting used to finding the deeper targets, especcially by lowering the recovery speed and sweeping slower! I just wish the DFX could discriminate better at deeper depths since everything sinks in this soil. I'll try to find a nice old site tomorrow. I still want a hunting partner for the summer who's available on wednesdays and thursdays.

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Why leave the yard if you have silver like that? Congrats on the great finds.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nice finds, looks like a little PR goes along ways. If everyone would give back a little to the owners, we all would have a better chance of hunting sites. I try to give a good coin back to owners, just a thank you for letting me hunt there site. More than once, just like you, they have given me other sites to hunt.

HH,Ringfinder

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the silver quarter!! And in your yard too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread