Indiana Jones and the "Star of the Ozarks."

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While hunting a small park today, searching for the hidden 417 Relic Hunters Club token, I dug this great little 1950's Kilgore PAL cap gun out of the side of an embankment. I am sure that Indiana Jones dropped it there while running from angry natives... Next, I found why Indy was running for his life , he obviously had snatched up the fabled "Star of the Ozarks," a LARGE glass and pewter bling necklace,from its sacred ceremonial altar. Unfortunately, Indy dropped it also into the lush lawn.

And true to form, while "on the way back to the car," I got the banging 93 VDI tone on the ATPro and dug down to find the elusive club token. Finding it means I get my club dues for FREE next year. I now have to go out and hide it again in a local park, to let the game continue... Thanks for looking, Happy Hunting to all! Sub 8-)

kilgore1.jpg kilgore2.jpg kilgore3.jpg kilgore4.jpg

Upvote 14

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say fortunately he dropped it. great digs!!! d2

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hide the token where you can remember it, next year. :tongue3:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Sub! That's a great idea, with the club token...do you tell the members what park it's in? Nice necklace! Thx for sharing..Ddf

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it may be worth the drive to hunt with your club....nice finds. Sounds like a nice game too.....

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Sub!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Sub! That's a great idea, with the club token...do you tell the members what park it's in? Nice necklace! Thx for sharing..Ddf

Thanks DDF, Club members get one cryptic (or graphic) clue per month from the one who hid the token. It usually starts very broad spectrum, such as, "This park resides in the eastern half of the city, etc..." If members just can't figure it out, the clues usually get more detailed. Great game and camaraderie for the members. A simple piece of stock brass with stamping is all the token consists of...Sub

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Wished I lived closer to Springfield. Sounds like a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I found out that the pendant was made by JPI which, MUCH to my surprise, is an American company out of Rhode Island. Made in America! Now the weird stuff...the necklace is for the Vampire sub culture...hmmm. American jewelry, American cap gun, American club token, the trifecta of 'Murica! Sub 8-)

Vampire Blood Red Cabochon Pendant Necklace Set in Silver Pewter Frame NK-608
NK-608_large.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread