2 silver dimes in one day

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit an old abandoned campground the other day. This was my fifth time hunting here. First time, I had found 3 wheat pennies all in the same area. When I spotted an old door hinge from the 1950s laying on the ground I surmised there must have been an old house here before the campground was built. On previous trips, I had searched the rest of the campground and not found any other wheat pennies or indications of old. I started in this area. After digging the usual bullet casings, rusted bottle caps, and flakes of rusted metal---all giving off coin indications---and 1 1/2 hours into the hunt--I dug the 1964D silver dime. It came out of the hole just as you see it in the picture: clean. About 1 hour later, I was hunting off into the field about 40 yards behind where the house would have been located and found the 1962 silver dime. It was laying on top of the ground which is why it is showing the discoloration from weathering. It was waiting there all these years for me to find it. I think this is the first time I've found 2 silver dimes in one day. A good feeling.
IMG_3547[1].JPG

Upvote 20

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG ZUP TWINS....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice score.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt and some sweet dimes! :skullflag:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You are lucky

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love multi-silver days, congrats on yours!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Those old campgrounds are great to detect...I caught wind of an OLD picnic grove 15 minutes from my house, family owned and still hosting reunions, church gatherings, etc...talking to the caretaker, who lives a half mile from me, told me to show up that Saturday as they were doing some power-washing and would have the gate open..I show up as they are setting up, and it's just the caretaker and his elderly father. Ok, I just couldn't start detecting watching these 2 guys work, so i volunteered my help which they eagerly accepted. A couple hours later I helped them load up and left me plenty time to hunt...Not a great hunt...but a great day nonetheless...but at least I'm welcome back anytime! So 7up...look at if this way-if you found old silver on TOP of the ground...just imagine what's hiding just a scant few inches down! Thx for sharing..Ddf

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the silver! :occasion14:

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Those old campgrounds are great to detect...I caught wind of an OLD picnic grove 15 minutes from my house, family owned and still hosting reunions, church gatherings, etc...talking to the caretaker, who lives a half mile from me, told me to show up that Saturday as they were doing some power-washing and would have the gate open..I show up as they are setting up, and it's just the caretaker and his elderly father. Ok, I just couldn't start detecting watching these 2 guys work, so i volunteered my help which they eagerly accepted. A couple hours later I helped them load up and left me plenty time to hunt...Not a great hunt...but a great day nonetheless...but at least I'm welcome back anytime! So 7up...look at if this way-if you found old silver on TOP of the ground...just imagine what's hiding just a scant few inches down! Thx for sharing..Ddf

Thank YOU for sharing and I hope you're right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread