Wisconsin Button!

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My dad and I found a camp site 15 years ago and it's still producing relics to this day.

One of the biggest questions was who were the troops? It's drove me crazy because the history of the relics are more important to me than their monetary value.

We've found over 500 dropped miniballs and 12 plates here with no clues as to who the troops were and obviously the site has been great to us. We knew the division but not the brigade.

I found this button yesterday and now we know it was Wisconsin troops and there is only one regiment in that division from there.

This is the campsite of the 24th Wisconsin regiment!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489074716.985840.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489074728.433405.jpg

Upvote 7

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mystery solved
Nice button

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad and I found a camp site 15 years ago and it's still producing relics to this day.

One of the biggest questions was who were the troops? It's drove me crazy because the history of the relics are more important to me than their monetary value.

We've found over 500 dropped miniballs and 12 plates here with no clues as to who the troops were and obviously the site has been great to us. We knew the division but not the brigade.

I found this button yesterday and now we know it was Wisconsin troops and there is only one regiment in that division from there.

This is the campsite of the 24th Wisconsin regiment!

View attachment 1424497 View attachment 1424498

Not sure you can call it just yet, 1 button is just not enough evidence, I get loads of random buttons in the wrong places. Keep it as you best theory for now & build on it.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS WHAT DETECTING IS ALL ABOUT , FINE BUTTON...

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks great

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind the button, your plate to bullet ratio is amazing! I guess the button is cool too [emoji1]

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! You would certainly need more than 1 button from there to know for sure.

OP
OP
gsxraddict

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
all those plates and only 7 buttons, 5 eagles 1 officer staff button and this state button.
Nevermind the button, your plate to bullet ratio is amazing! I guess the button is cool too [emoji1]

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fifteen years of steady finds...500 pieces of CW lead...TWELVE plates!!!!...wowwee...As much as you want to know the former tenants, the thought arises..enjoy the journey, the destination will arrive soon enough...Ddf

OP
OP
gsxraddict

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once I suspected the regiment I read their positions in the OR's and several diaries of men in the same brigade, I know for certain that the brigade was on the same exact road the same exact distance from a town we found this stuff in. The documents prove it, that's why I'm pretty certain it's the 24th WI. Once I found the only WI regiment I could read the documents of them and surrounding regiments in their brigade and pinpoint the spot.

Cool finds! You would certainly need more than 1 button from there to know for sure.

OP
OP
gsxraddict

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm afraid subdivisions are coming soon enough, it's just a matter of months; they're building the entire area.

Makes me sick.

Fifteen years of steady finds...500 pieces of CW lead...TWELVE plates!!!!...wowwee...As much as you want to know the former tenants, the thought arises..enjoy the journey, the destination will arrive soon enough...Ddf

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I suspected the regiment I read their positions in the OR's and several diaries of men in the same brigade, I know for certain that the brigade was on the same exact road the same exact distance from a town we found this stuff in. The documents prove it, that's why I'm pretty certain it's the 24th WI. Once I found the only WI regiment I could read the documents of them and surrounding regiments in their brigade and pinpoint the spot.

Should have lead with that...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions