My Prince Edward Island Hunt.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great two days. We lucked out on a couple fields which had just recently been plowed or mowed. I'm told there are several fields which were unhuntable due to the crops or hay so that will have to wait until a fall return. Here are the pics!

The Bridge. This was my first time over the Confederation Bridge...kind of unnerving. 14 KM.

The lead. I dug these two projectiles at an old site which had been hunted previously...quite a few times I'm told...still some keepers. I have never seen a projectile like the minie. It may have been carved or it may be a more modern cleaner round.

The Relics. In this picture is a part of a musket ramrod keeper (left) the centre is a whatsit and the right is of course a crotal bell without the petal markings. Notice the red PEI clay still inside!

The Buttons. All civilian flat buttons. I really like the American crested eagle backmark.

The Coin. Pictured are a Halliday token, a Nova Scotia thistle half penny and the unidentified coin. I have id'ed it as a John White condor token of 1796. I have included a picture of a better coin for comparison.

Attachments

• the lead.JPG
    the lead.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 459
  • bridge.JPG
    bridge.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 453
  • the lead.JPG
    the lead.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 454
  • relics.JPG
    relics.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 458
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 466
  • easgle crest button.JPG
    easgle crest button.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 460
  • the coins.JPG
    the coins.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 451
  • jw condor.JPG
    jw condor.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 449
  • jw condor 2.JPG
    jw condor 2.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 441
  • john white.jpg
    john white.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 438
  • john white 2.jpg
    john white 2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 444
  • green.JPG
    green.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Some nice digs you have there.

I would love to make it up to the area one day. I got as far as Bar Harbor, Maine last year.

Congrats!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEI would be a nice place to hunt. I have heard it is a very pretty island. I have roots in Newfoundland and would also like to hunt there someday. You made a few very nice finds. If you did not like the bridge, come down to the tip of the DELMARVA peninsula and try out the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It is a combined bridge very low to the water and a tunnel under the water. It used to be one 2 lane span but they building another span. Great hunt I am very jealous.

Ed D.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I love the John White token. I may actually like tokens better then coins. With the coins you usually know what you have right away but the tokens take a little research. It is like getting two treasure hunts out of one find.

Born2Dtect said:
PEI would be a nice place to hunt. I have heard it is a very pretty island. I have roots in Newfoundland and would also like to hunt there someday. You made a few very nice finds. If you did not like the bridge, come down to the tip of the DELMARVA peninsula and try out the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It is a combined bridge very low to the water and a tunnel under the water. It used to be one 2 lane span but they building another span. Great hunt I am very jealous.

Ed D.

That Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is looooonnnnngggggg. I think 17 miles. The first time I went over it I was low on gas and keep thinking that if I ran out of gas now it was going to turn into the most expensive tank of gas I ever purchased. I can't image what they would charge you to bringgas out to that location.

My daughter just turned four and she does not like the tunnel parts so we turn it into a game and see how high she can count to before we come out the other side. It worked through both tunnels last time we when to OBX.

NJ

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Really nice artifacts you found there.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Looks like a great location!

The buttons seem to be in great shape.

Congratulations!

Ridley

Top Member Reactions