If you don't stop digging in my yard i'm going to kick your Ass!

Doc Arey

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2011
Occupied Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what my Grand Mother told me Forty six years ago when I got my first whites metal detector and I was shocked because I had never heard her say anything like that before. I had just dug my first mercury dine in her yard and was really excited but that put the stops on that project.

Grand Ma was a sweetest Woman that ever lived but both she and the house are gone now and yesterday I went back with permission to search for the old yard and that spot at the old grape vine where I found that first Merc.

With the help of the land owner and my Whites VX 3 I got close enough to after an hour or so located the yard and go
Gram ma silver.jpg t back on that forty​ six year old memory. This was the result but just as I found the SLQ thru my heads phones I heard some one hollering at me as I rolled it in my hand. Grand Ma?? I thought? Na cant be and turn out to be a neighbor at a house next to the field to tell me where a dog was buried.

• I'm going to return but this was the best from the four hour hunt. Thanks for listening to my memories. :metaldetector: Gram ma silver.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 46

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a;ways wanted to go back to the creek we threw coins in in the 60's!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread