More Failed Oil-Seed Rape Fields - ROMAN SILVER!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have so many options including a whole new farm we have to tried, we had a debate in the car about where our Plan A & B should be. Glad we agreed on this option.
We started on the field next to Copse Field, only had 1 Roman Coin, so then moved to Copse where we had a few more.
After Lunch we moved to Brooch Field & did much better!
6 Hunt Hunt;

My first Deer Antler!
Roman Pottery, including one inscribed XII X
23 Roman Bronze Coins (Scrappies)
Celtic Fibula
Roman Fibula
Victorian weight
USA WWI? Luggage Tag?? with Service Number? Any researchers out there with ideas?
I got a Roman Silver Silqilua of Valentinian I (AD 364-75) - Only my 2nd silver of the Emperor & first of this type.:icon_thumright:

It was a lovely warm Spring like day & a joy to be out. I love Mondays.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 28

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had that beautiful day yesterday. Most of the afternoon i stand by the car, chattet with a farmer and enjoyed the weather....
Congrats on some nice finds, love the Siliqua and the antler. :occasion14: I guess when talking about Deer you refer to the small ones we call Reh?

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have so many options including a whole new farm we have to tried, we had a debate in the car about where our Plan A & B should be. Glad we agreed on this option.
We started on the field next to Copse Field, only had 1 Roman Coin, so then moved to Copse where we had a few more.
After Lunch we moved to Brooch Field & did much better!
6 Hunt Hunt;

My first Deer Antler!
Roman Pottery, including one inscribed XII X
23 Roman Bronze Coins (Scrappies)
Celtic Fibula
Roman Fibula
Victorian weight
USA WWI? Luggage Tag?? with Service Number? Any researchers out there with ideas?
I got a Roman Silver Silqilua of Valentinian I (AD 364-75) - Only my 2nd silver of the Emperor & first of this type.:icon_thumright:

It was a lovely warm Spring like day & a joy to be out. I love Mondays.

Nice haul! The denarius is definitely in better condition than the one I recently found, congrats!

Beautiful fibulas, too...

the deer antlers made me remember the days my grandfather took me to the forest looking for mushrooms and deer antlers, I think thatยดs what got me started with the whole treasure hunting in the first place, too bad he passed a way some years ago...

the one roman in the second row is also not bad!

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those 18th century tombac buttons and the U.S.A. tag. We find some of those tombacs over here but not usually as nice as yours. Oh, and the siliqua - that's a JACKPOT! Way to go!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice roman silver
Bravo

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had that beautiful day yesterday. Most of the afternoon i stand by the car, chattet with a farmer and enjoyed the weather....
Congrats on some nice finds, love the Siliqua and the antler. :occasion14: I guess when talking about Deer you refer to the small ones we call Reh?

Roe deer antler.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
You are on the spot there!All those scrappy romans and that sweet Siliqua.I just spent $60 on a Valentinian I Siliqua-Urbs Roma Rev. at the NY International show.I would sorely love to find one in the field>One day I'll take a detecting tour over there.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on the spot there!All those scrappy romans and that sweet Siliqua.I just spent $60 on a Valentinian I Siliqua-Urbs Roma Rev. at the NY International show.I would sorely love to find one in the field>One day I'll take a detecting tour over there.

:occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER I THINK BY NOW I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING, YOU ALL READY KNOW, BUT DANG IT IM GONNA SAY ANYWAY, NICE SILVER ROMAN FIND..

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.:occasion14:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Celtic gold stater! i want more Celtic gold staters! please! those that you find are the highlight of this forum, for me they are the most beautiful coin ever minted!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Celtic gold stater! i want more Celtic gold staters! please! those that you find are the highlight of this forum, for me they are the most beautiful coin ever minted!

I agree. Before I started detecting at the age of 11 I was a coin collector & when I started detecting, it was my No.1 Wish List find. I hope we get just 1 this year will be fine.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt and congrats on that awesome silver. Glad you have some decent weather for digging. It's been quite miserable here on the east coast. BTW - can't believe that's your first antler. We find those all the time here in the fields of southeast Virginia. I just gave 3 nice examples to a property owner the other day.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and congrats on that awesome silver. Glad you have some decent weather for digging. It's been quite miserable here on the east coast. BTW - can't believe that's your first antler. We find those all the time here in the fields of southeast Virginia. I just gave 3 nice examples to a property owner the other day.

I know & I used to spent a lot of time in the woods when younger. However, we don't have many large deer with antlers, unless your on a large private Estate Park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread