A face only a mother could love (or father)

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Found silver again at the silver farm, but not the kind we hope for. This ugly 43P war nickel will have to suffice today; it is pictured with three other ugly ducklings: 19, 34 and 39 wheats. The most interesting find of the day was a Tootsietoy travel trailer; I still need to clean it and my photo skills are poor. It did bring back memories, however; I had a similar toy in elementary school and lost it in snow when my Flipper lunchbox flew open. I should go back to the area and search, now that I have the right equipment!

Attachments

• ugh (2).jpg
    ugh (2).jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 848
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Correction! The trailer is a Midgetoy, not a Tootsietoy. That probably matters to someone.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ugly or not its still silver, and that is always a good thing! congrats!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
a silver day is allways a good day!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds. Sorry to hear your Flipper opened up. :'(
-MM-

Attachments

• flipper_or_not_1.gif
    flipper_or_not_1.gif
    98.2 KB · Views: 502

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Henry,
You have to accumulate a little more and post less often. I have a hard time keeping up with your posts. Seems like you have posted at least a few times since I have had a chance to reply. But anyway - you are on a tear. What is your silver count for the year? You must have passed my 50 something count easily.

Bob

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage said:
Henry,
You have to accumulate a little more and post less often. I have a hard time keeping up with your posts. Seems like you have posted at least a few times since I have had a chance to reply. But anyway - you are on a tear. What is your silver count for the year? You must have passed my 50 something count easily.

Bob
Bob, thanks for the input; I like to post every day I find something worth posting. I probably get out more than most of the others here, and I like to provide an accurate picture of how I'm doing. I think it encourages members and guests to keep at it, that sometimes the tortoise wins the race. Some don't need that encouragement (you're one who springs to mind ;D), but others do, so I post for them. If I don't post, I either didn't go out or didn't find anything of interest to me. There are folks here who get excited when they find a wheatie, or are "still looking for my first Merc." When they see them posted, it helps to reinforce that their turn will come. We all have a different style, and mine is to be here daily. I'll have to get on that silver count sometime, but Bonds is up against Maddux so it will have to wait! ;D

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i appreciate your avatar....its a shame a juicer will surpass hammerin hank...didja see the cheers junior got last night after his blast??? too bad he was hurt so much...beat em bucs!!!

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
duffytrash said:
i appreciate your avatar....its a shame a juicer will surpass hammerin hank...didja see the cheers junior got last night after his blast??? too bad he was hurt so much...beat em bucs!!!
I missed the Griffey blast, only saw brief snatches of the game. I'm disgusted with that team right now, and trying to figure out why they got Matt Morris ???!

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
who knows??????.....it sure would be nice to have a winner.....sometimes theyre brilliant ...other times...they make stupid mistakes.......

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage said:
Henry,

Bob
Bob, here is the up to the minute tally of silver coins for 2007.........91. You don't realize how many you've pulled until you count them, I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread