ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well folks, time for laughs and snarky comments? I know the first one was a joke. I wanted to post it as a chisel. However, it is just a piece of rock I found with thousands of others and because of the other rock threads I thought people would get a laugh.

Here is the story on the second two. The people in the apartment above me moved out and tossed them on the lawn today before they left. I am in Indian country and everywhere you look here there are signs stating stay on the road. If you get off it you are trespassing on Indian property. I know the second one could just be a rock. I was thinking petrified hockey puck.

However this last one looks like the ones I can find in the river in Michigan used to hold down fish nets. I forgot what they are called. Unlikely the two ladies that lived above me made it. If it was used to hold down fish nets in the river here there is probably a name for it. Was there any other uses for a rock this big to put a rope around? The grove does go all the way around it.

Anyway. Thanks for looking. I am sure the last one has some major history behind it. I wish I could have asked them where they found it before they headed to Colorado. But I am glad they tossed it out. It is mine now.

Upvote 10

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Scuba. The last two appear to be most definitely Indian relics! Congrats on your finds. I'm sure you will get more lingo on all. Keep Swinging (diving)!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Was there any other uses for a rock this big to put a rope around? The grove does go all the way around it...
rock.jpg
metal_detector.gif
I pulled this from another TN thread...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know its funny...

I know VERY little about Indian artifacts... BUT... One of my mentors taught me about these back when I was about 20...

He said that these were not an "axe"... although people almost always refer to them as such...

I was taught that these were and are a "club"... not an axe.

He called them a "wampum club"... they were used to fight only.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuttin' snarky bout those! They look like some seriously cool Indian artifacts, I'm liking the last one, definitely a worked piece used for a club as AARC provided...looks like you've found some awesome stuff...Ddf

kcdigit

Mar 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a hammer stone. I've seen the hockey puck before but can't rember what it is called. My hammer stone is very similar. Are their any chips on the edge?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One edge has a chip and a crack in it. If it was a hammer stone it was a BIG one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread