Cleaning up world one nail at a time.

Ennismill

Mar 13, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty frustrating day hunting. Very old site but lots of square nails and junk.
Only managed one wheatie 1939, a possible lead ball, few newer buttons and broke pottery. Everything is 6+ inches deep, a lot of time chasing weak signals. IMG_0357.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0354.JPG

Upvote 9
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunting in the iron can be very frustrating, but with patents, correct detector settings and technique you can win the battle! I love hunting these spots since most people do not deal with the iron and leave...:icon_thumleft:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is what it's all about sometimes.
Keep on swinging that coil

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laughed hard when I read your title, "cleaning up world one nail at a time" because I'm down here in Florida right now cleaning up the world one pull tab at a time. I'd much rather hunt up north and clean up old nails, lol. Old nails=good site to hunt... best of luck.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ennismill, like the others have said, you're simply digging the prominent targets that scream under your coil...get those out of the ground and soon you will start hearing those quieter, softer signals that indicate deep, small targets (read;coins)...keep at it, frustration is something we all deal with in this hobby, even the best hunters in the best sites harbor frustration...soon frustration will turn to elation when you pop that old silver or copper! Good luck...Ddf

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted for the golden bobby pin the other day. BUUUUT, find a lot of good targets next to a nail. Nails also throw id off too. Your machine is working fine as its saying look, a coin sized target. I use a garret 1/2 in classifier and scrape off the first few inches of dirt and sift too. To cherry pick iron takes a slow swing and small coil.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted for the golden bobby pin the other day. BUUUUT, find a lot of good targets next to a nail. Nails also throw id off too. Your machine is working fine as its saying look, a coin sized target. I use a garret 1/2 in classifier and scrape off the first few inches of dirt and sift too. To cherry pick iron takes a slow swing and small coil.

Yea Man!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here in Michigan I think it was a hobby to rip the pull tabs off cans I'm cleaning this state one railroad track piece at a time everywhere I go there are railroad spikes or pieces of track even miles way from any tracks. The fun with detecting is you never know what is in the next plug. I'm mostly a coin shooter I avoid iron. On that note I have found some of my best finds in that range I found a 1900s opium pipe with Chinese inscriptions on it drawings YES I SCRAPED IT anyway I go out many times and come back with bottle caps and a penny and sometimes gold and silver but I love it. Welcome to tnet Thanks for the post!!! Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to start my own Rail Road

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread