ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took my son in law back to the sledding hill in the park in Roosevelt Utah today. He used my Etrac and I used my Whites Eagle SL2. Boy did we get our workout. He got a dollar coin, A 1972 Kennedy half, 51 quarters, 7 dimes and a lighter and a flashlight.

I got 82 quarters, 33 dimes, 16 nickels and 13 pennies, two hot wheels cars and a pocket knife. I was digging most the dime signals and some of the off the wall numbers to see if they were pocket spills. Most were.

Really unbelievable how much clad is buried in that hill. Nobody could have played at it very long if at all since they opened the park in 1984. Still a lot more to be had. Passed up a lot of signals that were not quarters. Still just using a screwdriver with no pin pointer or shovel. (I left my pin pointer in Michigan)

Anyway, I promised a picture of the sign and here it is. Also a picture of my son in law grabbing quarters with my machine!

Upvote 11

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gotta get that fix... The son in law is gonna want you to leave that etrac LOL Good to hear from ya sounds like your having fun Thanks for the post you should bury that no detecting sign and let a detectorist find it!!!!!!!

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really is amazing how much coinage you all are digging up. You just got to wonder why no metal detecting on Wed? Thanks for sharing Scuba.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sign says allowed I also thought it said all wed LOL!!!!!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That park is full of bizarre signage. "Be a man, throw it in the can?" LOL

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe it said at one time No metal detecting in or around park allowed,That could be why so many signals and you have a dime mixed in with your pennies.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Back-of-the-boat nailed the sign, the o is missing. Congrats on all the coins

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think Back-of-the-boat nailed the sign, the o is missing. Congrats on all the coins

THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO me!! DAH WOW. No wonder the hill has never been detected!

No officer has ever bothered me and I don't have a shovel just a screwdriver. I think I am just going to take my chances. Not my problem they can't repair signs, If that is the case!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup looks like another metal detectorist fixed that sign for you by scratching off the O.....that is funny

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another clad haul Scuba, glad to see the little one enjoying himself digging candy money! I figured if u were to run into any...trouble..that it would be you diving in the swimming pool to get your water fix..lol..Ddf

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sign-happy park manager. So stupid.

Great coinage!! Have fun.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Nice job on all the targets Scuba.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Since I only use a screwdriver and I just move the roots aside to get the coins, I can't see where they would become unglued. There is no damage anywhere and absolutely no sign of me being there. I just won't go there on Wed!

The first day I was there a worker on a 4 wheeler was emptying garbage and didn't say it was wrong. Just asked if I was getting rich. I think an officer might laugh at the altered sign also. Time might tell!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would play it off as I thought it meant no detecting on Wednesdays.I have a park that has that sign also.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should dig those gold signals It may be some time before our waters warm up enough to dive or wade in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread