My today's dowsing finds.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• S5300653.JPG
    S5300653.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 404

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you're all set for retirement after that haul.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool never tried it Thanks for sharing your finds

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty cool never tried it Thanks for sharing your finds
I like your KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!! theme. More hauls coming tomorrow, if it don't rain.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Did you need to pull out your detector to "pinpoint" ?

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually dowse in parking lots and coinstar return slots. Good success rate.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see more good finds from you I wanna try that sometime!!!!!!

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you need to pull out your detector to "pinpoint" ?
Yes Just like you use an X pattern or turn on your pinpointing mode on your electric Metal detectors to pin point a target.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes Just like you use an X pattern or turn on your pinpointing mode on your electric Metal detectors to pin point a target.

so you did use an electronic pinpointer (aka metal detector) to pinpoint the target ? Or are you saying you solely relied on the "x pattern" of your dowsing rods to pinpoint ? Without the aid of any electronic metal detector ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Penney's and two crushed aluminum pieces.

You did better than me & I spent 3 hours in the woods.
Unless you like Shotgun Brass.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so you did use an electronic pinpointer (aka metal detector) to pinpoint the target ? Or are you saying you solely relied on the "x pattern" of your dowsing rods to pinpoint ? Without the aid of any electronic metal detector ?
Tom:

For greater success, one should use all available equipment, methods, and means.

When my dowsing rods cross, I scan with my metal detector around ground zero which is on the ground directly under my rod cross. I scan ground zero first. If the target is not there, while standing on ground zero and not moving, I then scan very carefully the immediate area / circle that I can reach with my metal detector, which is about a 5 foot diameter circle.

Several years ago, I tracked my dowsing hits using this method My average dowsing hit is 18” from targets. That means some targets were directly under my rod cross (ground zero) and some were out from ground zero..

I use my metal detector to pin point my dowsing hits just like many use a small hand held electronic boom type pin pointer you can buy from manufactures to pin point targets they cannot find when their electronic metal detector beeps. Videos on youtube shows people using an electronic metal detector digging big holes and not finding the target. So, out comes the small pin pointer and they are then able to find the target.

I don't know about you, but I for one do not want to dig big holes, especially in city parks.

For the person who asked where I got my rods, go to: http://www.dowsingsite.com/dowsing-rods aka Fishercreek dowsing rods web site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....When my dowsing rods cross, I scan with my metal detector around ground zero ..... about a 5 foot diameter circle......

Lesjcbs, thanx for the answer. Then given the above answers, is it not possible that if ANYONE takes a metal detector out to ANY park (even without rods) .... and picks a spot at random and detects a 5 ft. circle .... isn't it logical to deduce that he's bound to find a penny of aluminum wad ? :icon_scratch:

In most places where human habitation has occurred, there will be aluminum, nails, etc.... You'd be hard-pressed to find a sterile 5 ft. diameter circle in ANY park, I would think. Thus is it really your rods that led you to the metal object ? Or just the preponderance of odds ?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More dowsing finds today 28 March,2017

Here is a picture of a Penney and a Nickle I found today dowsing.

Attachments

• S5300651.JPG
    S5300651.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 172

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Lesjcbs, try this: Go to that same park with no rods. Pick a random high traffic spot out on the grass. Turn on your detector and scan a 5 ft. radius circle. I'll bet you dollars to donuts you find a clad coin or aluminum object.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesjcbs, try this: Go to that same park with no rods. Pick a random high traffic spot out on the grass. Turn on your detector and scan a 5 ft. radius circle. I'll bet you dollars to donuts you find a clad coin or aluminum object.

Tom:

I have one better for you.

You just lost your money and a chocolate covered doughnut. In fact, you lost it several years ago. I went one better. Claiming that dowsing was no better than a random toss of a ball in the air, I was challenged to throw a tennis ball in the air and compare it to dowsing hits. The dowsing technique beat the random ball toss by 15 %. A miss by an inch is as good as a mile and the random toss lost out. Junk and coins are ARE not everywhere in city parks.

The dowsing got me closer much faster than my metal detector would have, even by sweeping it back and forth real fast to cover the distance from my truck to these targets.

The reason I pick city parks, and away from their high traffic areas, is less traffic areas in city parks have fewer targets but still complies with the first cardinal rule in treasure hunting, which is: Go where treasure is.

In line with that, to my surprise, I have dowsed out items way out in the desert of western Utah where there is very little human traffic. I posted those pictures several years ago.

Maybe we can meet up some day and, well forget the money. I will take a chocolate covered doughnut instead.

Thank you.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , why would one pay $40 for something which they can make for free? TP