I've got a question...

Kk77

May 7, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I didn't know where to post this so I'll post it here. I'm looking to buy another metal detector to have around,always good to have a backup, and the price range is $300. I like relic hunting and finding coins (also jewelry lol)
and I live in Louisiana (if that helps any) so I'd love to hear some suggestions from everyone!! Thanks for reading and hh!!

Upvote 0

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kk77...for what it's worth, one of my hunting buds swings an Ace 400...excellent beginner/back-up machine...and he routinely kills it! In fact he just plucked a beauty of a Barber dime Sunday...just my .02, hope it helps...Ddf

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough question, and you may hear many different opinions on this one. I have been detecting for 30 years. For the last 15 or 18 years I have been using the Fisher CZ 5. I then purchased a Minelab Explorer SE Pro. I like my CZ 5 so much that I often told my wife if I could find a very nice used one on ebay I would buy it in case something happened to my first one. Thats just what I did. I found one for $300.00 a few years back and bought it. It looks brand new, and works flawlessly. A lot will depend on what and where you will be hunting also. I use the CZ 5's for hunting in farm fields, and the Minelab for parks and yards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread