Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my desire to go on a hunt was greater than my common sense. Metal detecting will do some crazy things to your instincts. The weatherman said that the showers would pass by noon and then it would clear up. I decided that was good enough and headed out to a local park.
My targeted area was about 100 feet by 100 feet. On previous trips with the DEUS, this little section of lawn had given up 6 silvers, some deep Indian Head Pennies, and lots of wheat. Then it stopped giving.
Using the E-trac with the sniper coil, I thought I might be able to unmask a silver coin. A nice loud Chirp on a one way swing, and a 12-45 VDI, has given up the location of silver dimes in the past. Those targets were always accompanied by a piece of iron.
The entire time I was in the park, (5 hours), the skies would sprinkle for five minutes and then clear for 45 minutes. That makes me nervous because the E-Trac does not play well with water.
I was not able to locate any silver in the designated area. As a matter of fact, this piece of lawn only gave up 2 quarters. Of the 12 quarters that I did recover, 10 of them came after I gave up on the original search area. I guess the DEUS really did it's job on previous searches. One thing that was really apparent was the E-Trac's dead on report of nickels. I recovered 16 of the 22 nickels in the targeted area.
I do want to hit this spot one more time with the Stock Coil on the E-Trac. Just in case there might be a few deep silvers hiding there that the sniper coil couldn't reach.

IMG_6288.JPG
IMG_6289.JPG
IMG_6290.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day AGW, I'm sure a mystery silver or two will pop up! Lotsa clad, battery money! Ddf

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes this hobby has a hold on us,but isn't it great. Congrats on your finds and glad you had a good hunt

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, 10 wheats is a good day in my books. My etrac loves nickels too

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment!!!!!

Playing hooky today to get out for the first time since 3/8.....

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fun hunt to me...I don't know which token is scarier...the Rabid Rat or the Psychotic Clown, you be the judge! Sub 8-)

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a lot of digging. Lol a lot of possible golds with all those nickels too.
Great hunt, Congrats!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a little rain wasn't going to stop you!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Your usual bucket of coins dug.At our age I don't know how you get the energy every hunt.Why didn't you use your CTX?No worries about rain then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread