grabbed a chubby chick on the grassy knoll...

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the TWENTY FOUR inch blizzard 2 weeks ago has melted----
so a quick hunt with FMERG was in order at the over 500 acres of farm I got permission for. the farmhouse is circa 1700's of Dutch origin. (could it hold VOC DUITS, or Gold Lions :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:)
for now we are stuck on the high ground---don't want ta get sucked into the mud :BangHead:, so we hit a few of the rolling knolls (NO, not Trolls :laughing7:)
Frank scored a 15 coin pocket spill---------------of Lincoln Memorials, some toy cars, a Throggs Neck Bridge token & other stuff.

now the gettin's be good
:icon_thumright:
at 2 inches in the rocky soil a slammer 87----thinkin' Barber quarter----or clad GW:BangHead:____NOPE!!!
IMG_5067.JPG IMG_5068.JPG

near the epic coin spill Frank got, this little surprise at 6"---marked Sterling-- but plated over brass with amazing design
IMG_5064.JPG IMG_5065.JPG IMG_5066.JPG

BUT WAIT, ---there's more--- no eye deer--maybe from ladies belt or cape or ???:dontknow:

IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5063.JPG

more :censored: rain today--- so tune in soon-----we uns' gonna be there awhile---like all season :laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 21

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds .. Keep on keeping on ... Don't forget pictures for the future !!:laughing7:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, nice finds! Hope for some drier, warmer weather to set in so you can get back and into some of the other spots. GL HH:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next return will shoot photos of the interior of the 1700's barn. all hand worked timber with no stinkin' nails holding it together. STUNNING wood work :occasion18:. our host wants arrow heads & he collects coins--will show him the LC ---she was pretty fat with crud. electrolysis shows the remaining details--- hope one of youse can figure which year & variety she is :dontknow:______________STUPID RAIN :BangHead:
Awesome finds .. Keep on keeping on ... Don't forget pictures for the future !!:laughing7:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see the barn structure, the joinery work amazes me each time I see this type of work. If those guys could come back and teach us... we would gain some lost knowledge, imho.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extra 3 minutes electrolysis reveals she is 1807 Large fraction, AG to G. IMG_5075.JPG IMG_5076.JPG

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job guys!! Ant wait to get out myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions