Found: silver ring / Good Samaritan

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was headed back to the old campground the other day. Driving down the interstate, I again noticed some large trees along the frontage road which looked intriguing. Decided to pull off and see if I could find anything. You never know until you try. Walking toward the trees with my metal detector on the ground, I immediately got a strong hit--high 80s. Dig out the target and sure enough, a quarter! Finally, get to the trees and find consistent targets, some garbage, one dime, and several memorial pennies. Walk to the next big tree and get a strong signal--low to mid 90s. What is this? I dig it up thinking it is a hunk of metal and find it's a silver ring! "Mexico" "925" 8 grams. I detect around the last 2 trees and come up empty. 1 hour of hunting and one silver ring.
Nice ending to the story: a guy in a pickup truck pulls over(I immediately thought it was a railroad guy gonna ask me to leave) and says I'm welcome to detect around his land which is just down the road. He says there's some old stuff there. I say, "sure, thankyou". I've been turned down plenty of times when asking permission to hunt. It doesn't happen often, but when someone offers their land for me to hunt I gladly take them up on it. It's nice to be reminded there are nice people in the world who think of others.

Attachments

• IMG_3555[1].JPG
    IMG_3555[1].JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3556[1].JPG
    IMG_3556[1].JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3557[1].JPG
    IMG_3557[1].JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 15

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, good luck at the new permission! :occasion14:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Beatiful ring

Top Member Reactions