Have a Drink on Me : )

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what ever 5 cents will get you at C. Apelgreen's Bar. That's if you can find a time machine and figure out who C. Apelgreen was. I can't find anything on the cool token coin. I spent about three hours with my Makro Racer 2 and Nel Snake coil working the same spot I dug the 1865 Indian last night. Not much of anything but trash. I wandered into a field right off the property and dug the token coin. I also got the little rimfire brass casing. The weird "connecting" thingy seems to be an iron or steel figure "8" link with lead poured in a mold around it. Never seen anything like it. Anyone who knows what it is please chime in. I got a lead "rivet" looking thingy too. Not sure what that is either. I got the 2001 dog license under a pine tree along a sidewalk heading back to the car. I think I'll be going back into the field. There was busted crock pieces and some green blue glass. Might be some old coins in there too. Thanks for viewing. Peace. 001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 002.JPG

Upvote 8

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice old token! Charles Apelgreen had his saloon in 1908 at 210 First Avenue in Sterling, IL. That is per the city directory for Sterling. It would be great if you could take pics with a light coming in from the side to highlight the lettering, crop then, and post them on tokencatalog. Or, send me the pics and I could post them.

John in the Great 208

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios1, nice finds. I have found several of the double loop thingys and I beleve it is horse tack. Keep Swinging!!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Idaho, THANKS ! I just did a quick Google search and came up empty. Much appreciated and I'll take some pictures from different angles as you mentioned. Peace.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old token & finds..5 Cents got alot more back then Im sure..The leaded looped piece I beleive was used for a weight /horse / wagon team reins ..ive found quite a few @ old sites I hunt..

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tokens like that one are so cool to find.
Nice hunt

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Seen that figure eight thing posted on here before. I think it was Id'd as an old style sewer lift station chain attachment for the float balls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread