I need help.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There are plastic or nylon through bolts for toilets. Not sure if they were for seat ,or flange someone used to replace a missing through the coil ear bolt.
That leaves you needing an ear/L shaped bracket.
Anything durable and non metal is suspect. A thick bucket side meets bottom. A block of nylon cut into an L shape ect.
Beauty vs practicality. Paint will hide much contrast.
Also ,if you have any/enough of the previous ear(s) intact ,a plastic or nylon washer might fit enough to epoxy over where previous hole was. A flat may need to be ground on coil side.
If an L bracket will work you just need to drill a through bolt hole. Then glue or epoxy L to coil , following adhesive instuctions for prepping surface. Most coils are epoxied.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out my post on your other thread.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to exoxy on a cut piece of similar plastic in an "L" shape, to avoid buying another coil. Manufacturer might be able to repair it.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contacted Garrett and they said it is non repairable, but the posts I am reading say it can be repaired. They also said my warrantee has expired. said it would have been replaced if the warrantee was still good.
You might be able to exoxy on a cut piece of similar plastic in an "L" shape, to avoid buying another coil. Manufacturer might be able to repair it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I f you got your AT Pro from kellyco I bought mine years ago as a demo I have never paid for any repairs Ive got two new coils a new control box and two head phones free plus misc other stuff. I bet wherever you got it from might replace it free for you!!!!!

UNERTHEN

Sep 22, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000 with 8", nel sharp, nel sharpshooter. Garrett Ace350 with 8x11 and 4.5 sniper. Garrett at propointer, garrett zlynk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the plastiweld to fix my shovel holder. This guy fixed his coil with it. Might be worth trying.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread