12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome day man thats alot of rings for a day WTG ;)

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
You make me very ill Bdoo.....I never find that much in the chips around here.....where is it exactly that you live again??? Heeheeeheee ::)

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the man Boobydoo.WTG Very good job you did.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man and i thought i was doing good finding just 1 silver ring today ! That's a very cool haul Bdoo ! ;D

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day you had BDoo. :o
Congrats-----With finds like that you can almost quit your day job. ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: 11 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

birdman said:
What an amazing day!!!!! I can't even comprehend that many rings in one day or even in a month. Great going and a big congrats ,glad your back digging.

Appreciate that Bird!! My ears are "ringing" with all the complements I am getting, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Jack(IN) said:
Looks like a very busy day!! Congrats on the 11 rings!!

Thanks a lot Jack, you keep your good finds coming too, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

randall61 said:
looks like your in full stride....always amazes me.a awesome amount of goodies.

Hi Randall! Appreciate that buddy, it was a good day and perfect conditions. It rained about an inch the day before, and it always seems like I find more when the ground is damp like that??? Maybe my machine works a bit better?

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

skierbob said:
Wow, that's a lot of digs. Congrats. Best of health and luck to you, B'doo.
Bob

Thanks Bob!! I am feeling pretty good, getting back to feeling like myself again. Got the Sunday dread going on...work tomorrow morning...lol. Glad to be back at it though!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

lost at sea said:
Very nice, it'll be very hard to top that one.

That's for sure, thank you!
I never expect to find alot, just take what comes my way. I guess I am lucky and have solid instincts on passing the coil over the right spot. I dig it all also and that is a lot of work, but pays off with the jewelry finds.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

goldencoin said:
spectacular diggins again, your gonna need to buy more fingers to wear all those rings ::)

HH
-GC

Thanks GC, kind of a nice problem to have I guess.

Smiles!
BDoo

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
WoW! :o I gotta get out more doo... There will be nothing left for me except scraps! I did get my 1st 100+ day for a total of 4.85 but mostly cents. I did get a real cool looking New Zeeland 1 cent coin but no gold or silver fer me.

I printed out a map of Roseville... tell me you haven't touched that area yet...

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

ModernMiner said:
BDoo,
I see you are back full throttle!!! I could sit and look at your pictures all day. It's like a pirate chest spilt over. ;D Love that Huckleberry Hound ring. Very cool. I haven't heard that name in years. Congrats on the 11 ring dream come true, AND all your other finds.
What is the soil like up there in Michigan where you dig. Black & soft? I'm headed up to Northern Indiana this week with my son to do some MDing and fishing. I remember my Dad's old property being the black soft soil. Ahhhh.
By the way, Ridley and I hit an old playground yesterday. Huge and still had some of the old metal playground equipment. I kept telling Ridley, "this is BDoo heaven". ;D
Way to go. Fabulous job.
-MM-

Thanks a lot MM! Cool comment, I appreciate it buddy. Best of luck to you and Ridley out there.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Ridley said:
Looks like you're back in the saddle big time, Bdoo!

Very impressive! It's an inspiration!

The HuckleBerry Hound ring is an oldy. Go get those silver coins now!

Ridley

Thanks Ridley. I definitely am thinking hard about gridding out the grassy areas at these two schools with a haul I had from a approx 30 x 30 foot area. I think I pulled six of the rings from that area alone. There's got to be more there.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread