Rare George Washington Halfpenny (Poll added)

What was the most impressive antic during this hunt?

• Jumping electric fences gracefully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The jovial gibbons dance

• Sprinting away from charging cows

• None

• Total voters

wcfields

Jul 5, 2007
Incredible find Kirk! . Reading all you guys, seeing all the coins I only dream about has been the highlight of my life since my attorney, ex-spousal unit, her attorney, guardian ad litem and judge all got together to take my kids & retirement account & all else of value four years ago. They somehow missed my two detectors and coin collection. The coins and baseball card collection dating from 1899-current are all my 10 year olds will inherit when I move on to (hopefully) better hunting. Never underestimate how much your chatter (all of it) might raise the spirits of an old guy whose best find this year is a washington .... clad quarter, 1997.

Thru four months of research, I've located the site of a colonial-era fort here in GA. When the temps drop below 100, I plan to start at one corner of the site and work til I drop. If I find anything even half as nice as the 1793, I'll be sittin with you on cloud 9. If not.... what've I lost?

Keep up the good work, keep sharing your finds. Some of us can only enjoy TH'ing thru your finds.

mecke28

Greenie
Aug 5, 2007
Kissimmee,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to let you know I have the 2008 red book and for your 1793 Ship Half Penny Lettered Edge these are the prices
F-$220.00, VF-$450.00, EF-650.00, AU-$1,500.00, UNC. $3,500.00

Mike

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Since two other OLD posts have been brought back up top, I decided to give recognition again to a SPECTACULAR coppa found in Central PA! :notworthy: It is a coppa found by my bro, Colonial KirkPA! :icon_jokercolor:

Snicket :D

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of the beautiful, valueable coppers being found lately, why not. This was a stellar copper recovery. Now go out and find us another one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :tongue3: datectateers.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn nice half cent! Looks like it is in really good shape. So many of them yu can bareliy make out what they are.

My worse antic was when I was hunting a tot lot in the sand. I have trouble getting up and down anyway because of an old injury to my back, but...As I was struggling to get up, my feet slipped in the sand and I did a complete back flip right in front of God and two little kids. After checking and finding nothing broken I was limping off when one of the kids ran up to me and said," Could you do that again? Billy wasn't looking and didn't get to see it"! I stopped myself just before I stabbed him in the heart with my digging tool! Monty

phoxx

Greenie
Apr 21, 2007
very nice find kirk i live a little south of u lots of old places to hunt may u find more

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kirk, even I have to admit you have an awesome find! It is a beauty and possibly the find of the year. I still think you should join the military and fight against the Barack Hussein Obamas. You would be a great leader however, you just do not know your potential. HH, Mike

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Re: Rare George Washington Halfpenny (Update: Info from, Don in SJ)

Colonial KirkPA said:
paul1410 said:
Congrats on an excellent find, Kirk!

And also on making the banner so quickly

Once again, a very entertaining post.

Thanks for sharing, Dude.

Thanks, Paul, I have such a passion for this hobby and love to show it in my posts. All of my family members call me, "obsessed," but can you blame me? hehehe

I love uncovering the Colonial past. Paco and I have a great site to hit. I can't wait until he turns the field with his tractor. giggle

HH!
Kirk,awesome job man!! My family also calls me obsessed ;D My teenage daughter has labled me as having "OMDD" for obsessive metal detecting disorder..I can live with it :wink: HH,Jerry

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Kirk..You DA MAN. Letme know if you need a green horn from Wisconsin to come over and pick up some of your slack! I'd LOVE to find a coin like that! With the junk I find, posts like yours are the only thing that keep me (and my wifey who always wonders if I'd wasted monery on a detector) with a positive attitude! Great job. I always look forward to posts of your new finds!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Very cool dude! That is one of the coolest coins I have seen found on this forum! Congratulations! :) This should go into the best finds of treasurenet section! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread