Still Too Wet To Hunt The Sports Field, Soooooo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Woke up early this morning and headed to the sports swamp to see if it had dried up anymore. Well it hadn't! In fact, there is still an inch of water covering the whole field, and that's not exaggerating any. Everywhere is like that, so I headed out looking for higher ground. Finally I decided to just hit the islands in shopping centers. I turned my discrimination way up to accept only in the copper and silver range so that I wouldn't have to dig any trash in this mush, and mush is putting it lightly. Didn't do too bad, I managed quite a bit of clad, a 1990 Chucky Cheese token, a class of 1991 high school pendent, and a "love,faith,hope" tag. The truth is, I went to me and Blues field and went over HIS side to see what he missed. Man Blue, you need to get your detector tuned up, This all came off of your side. :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• coins2.JPG
    coins2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 512
  • trinkets.JPG
    trinkets.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds, it will dry up soon

HH
-GC

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of goodies PM--Congrats

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds piggman ! hope you dont come here and hunt behind me ! i'm hopeing that all i left behind today was that ky i stumbled onto :o

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
WTG Piggman. A little water never gets a good man down. Some really nice finds you got there. :D

Desertfox

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I wonder how many chucky cheese tokens you can find checking around the bushes outside of chucky cheese??? That would be interesting to try. Congrats.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Piggman,
I can't believe how we went from 'monsoon rains' to
dry so fast here in OK.

Fossis...........

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
fossis said:
Nice finds Piggman,
I can't believe how we went from 'monsoon rains' to
dry so fast here in OK.

Fossis...........

Yea, it rained hard again this evening, and I just thought it was over.
I wonder where Blue is tonight, I expected him to chime in along time ago.

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Good Job, like to see you hunt a all day with no messy ground, sounds like alot of neat results, lookout man blue , good hunting

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
You really know how to work around a lot of adversity!

Congrats for gettin' her done!

Ridley

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
That is a preety good haul of clad coins. If I could do that well hitting those types of spots (shopping center islands) I would not even worry about the sports swamp (field).

:o ::) :D ;D ;)

Ray S

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
That was my oldest Chuck E Cheese token so far, and the design is a little different I noticed after cleaning it up. I wonder how many different ones there are.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Blue, when you find that other leg I'll send you the finds from your side. I'm not about to let loose of them for some defective Buffalo that has to hobble around all day. It's about time you showed up again. I was begining to think you might have got lost going to the store or something. Nice coins, but lousy pics, but then again, that's what you get for trespassing on my side of the field. Way to go bud, glad to see you're back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread