deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a solo trip back to our "Barber" property. I went back to a small area we just hit the day before.
My first decent hit wasn't ten feet from where I pulled a two Indian spill. It was a mid to high 80's hit but, didn't sound like a coin or silver. Flipped a plug and found my target but, it the color looked like lead. Took a closer look at it sticking out of the plug and saw a reeded edge.
Picked it out and a quick rinse with some water saw I had a Seated Quarter, 1877-S. Wow!!
Texted the kid and then started swinging again. Next I found two more v-nickels, 1902 and 1912. These two take our total to 9 or 10 from here alone.
A token was next, "Stage 15 1599 Baily Licensed For Super Hydrate Only".
More old copper showed itself next, we're think 1816 Coronet followed by a couple silver dimes. First one rang up 77-80 like a wheat. It was deep and hole was rocky. Finally found it in the hole and saw it was silver. I ended up hitting it not worrying that it was only a wheat. A few feet away a plated religious pendant followed by another low ringing merc, this one rang up 79-80.
Only other keepers were a couple wheats and a flattened excelsior button.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 27
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems that Barber property has no limit to the assortment of coins you're able to find there- good for you and Congrats!

-- Jeff --

This property definitely has a good mix of finds. Our most mordern silver was a war nickel and oldest silver was the 1781 Spanish.
The property adjoining this property we found another seated dime (1875) and our first ever silver dollar a 1900 Morgan.
Plus one 18k gold pendant. Lol

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck man. You got a hell of a spot. I door kocked a 1804 hoise yesterday. Got a yes and found zincolns and oldest quarter was an 84. Thats 1984....

Keep up the good work.

Yeah, we've got permissions like that before. There's one section at this site where we found nothing but, mordern clad. Just before hitting this new section I dug a barber dime. Twenty yards away in the new section my first hit was a 86-87 which usually would be a clad quarter. Are silver dime hits here are ringing up mostly 79-81 which are usually 84 hits so naturally I thought this was a silver quarter ringing up lower. I ended up with a dozen clad quarters in the next half hour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Nice finds! I'm still learning, as I won't poach on your area may I ask what things you look for when scouting out a new area to hunt? Was this an open field, park or something?

There use to be an old hotel at this site built 1900. The hotel burned down in 69 but, we've stayed away from that section due to our machines going crazy with all the iron and trash. Across from where the hotel once stood there's a field. And then the other side there's two older early 1900's houses. Most our finds are coming from the field and down below (another field) where the old hotel once stood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread