Two Roosevelts, Another NYC Subway Token & Gold Ring. 7-28-07

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Two Roosevelts, Another NYC Subway Token & Gold Ring. 7-28-07

Here's the story behind these finds, Saturday I made it a point to go out to Staten Island and metal detect a park that I normally fish on. After pedaling my road bike up the meanest of grades on Victory Blvd, I was met with a harsh greeting.......a place that seems as though it must have been turned upside down. Clean as a whistle, the signals were quarter miles apart. A clad quarter and a single wheatie were the highlight of the day.

Determined to not let the day go to waste, I make a bee line for the ferry and get myself back into postition at a park in Queens that has produced. With about two hours before lights out, I go into a nice and slow, let me squeeze whatever the heck is in this patch I've hit at least 5 times already mode. Thought I was rubbing dirt off a clad quarter until I saw the shiny "Bull's eye". Second subway token find, and first for this year.

Wheats were making an appearance and finally so did a silver rosie. Right before I covered the plug, I rescanned the area and right off to the side of the hole laying in some dirt I had put next to it was another!. Second double silver plug this year. Very cool. It really pays to re-scan. The ingrate in me always checks the dimes and feels a bit of dissapointment when it's not a merc. I've got to start being more appreciative of my odds. The last find was a bit strange........I've got the 250 set up for silver, and somehow, this stamped 14kt toe ring appears. I think perhaps something in or around the mounting of the stones may be silver? It looks like a solid little gold ring. Not a cheapo, and the stone may very well be real. Not sure, but it's besides me why someone would put such a small CZ. First gold ring without even trying to actually find one. You go figure.

Scans attached. I've been borrowing cameras since the day my 3 year old decided to throw mine in the kitchen garbage and it seems everyone with a camera is either away on vacation or forgets to bring it (You know who you are).

Attachments

• 7282007.JPG
    7282007.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Re: Two Roosevelts, Another NYC Subway Token & Gold Ring. 7-28-07

Hey a double silver dig and a sweet gold ring. You had a heck of a day there!
WTG!

~Nash~

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5

I would like to find a subway token....but there are no subways over here!!! Nice find though :)

R

RUDY2003

Good days diggins Ricardo....

Keep safe...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Ricardo good idea not to just give up...looks like your second stop of the day paid off! :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

That's a nice ring, and some pretty cool finds, not a bad day!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt, Ricardo! Congrats!

Nana :)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

WTG on the sweet goldie!! Congrats on that and the silver coins. Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

I swear one of these days I am going to just show up on your doorstep and refuse to leave until you take me out and show me the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread