Buffalo Nickel, 1914 wheatie, etc.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Went back to the old swim hole today now that the snow has melted. I almost never dig nickel sounds to avoid the bottle tabs, caps, etc. and other junk, but figured I've run out of silver tones there, so better stop being so picky. Dug a Buffalo Nickel that has very faded date, but looks like 1916 or 1918. Also a 1959 nickel and a 1996 one. Also got a wheatie 1914 but no darn "D" unfortunately. I also got a memorial penny, very rare for this old site!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks, Diamondstar--these are so faded and my camera doesn't do such a great job anyway, so it really wouldn't show much. I find that it's only worthwhile to photograph finds that are at least in decent shape.

BRINK

Oct 21, 2004
Hey there Bergie.... Those Key Dated Coins, Like the 14 D are always the hardest to find.... but if
your finding 90 year old coins..... your looking in the right spot. Who knows.... It would be nice to
pull That 14 D Wheatie & That 16 Merc out of the same hole. I think I'll stop typing now ....and go
do that right now. Glad to hear your getting out there.... Keep'm coming HH BRINK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread