A rainy day wheat!

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Pro Bounty Hunter with Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to go out detecting today just in my yard because it was raining all day and finally stopped so there was some soft dirt. I got everything and went to outside of my fence. As I approached a large area of overgrown dirt I got a Zinc - $.10 target that was near so I decided to dig it. sticking out of the edge of the hole was a 1937 Wheaty. I haven't been able to go metal detecting since I first got my detector last year so this is my first wheat penny I've got from metal detecting. I have about a half-roll of them so I decided to clean it for a picture. Here is that Picture: 20170420_190828.jpg (Sorry it's on its side i wasnt able to get a good picture)

Upvote 14

cgage99

Mar 31, 2017
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to this, but what is special about a wheat penny? I don't know, really anything about them. I have read some threads about people finding them, but I don't know how much they are worth or anything

OP
OP
E

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Pro Bounty Hunter with Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to this, but what is special about a wheat penny? I don't know, really anything about them. I have read some threads about people finding them, but I don't know how much they are worth or anything

Any Penny between 1909 and 1957 are known as wheat pennies because the back of them have the Word ONE CENT inside 2 wheat ears. The are worth more then there face value because you dont find many of them. And sometimes because of not many being minted like the 1909 S VDB.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the the nice wheat cent find! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
to some, wheaties are old hat but I am always glad to add another to my collection. congrats on the wheatie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread