My best coin ever!! TNet Vacation Part 3 (I guess)

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've seen Carolina Tom's post titled TNet Vacation Parts 1&2 you know that Tom, Loco-Digger and I just got back from a fantastic MDing trip in the Great Northeast hosted by those B-O-B's, EastCoastHunter21,Scrappy, Bartec and Treblehunter. What crew! We hunted and laughed all week!

thanks guys for a great time and several bucket list items for the visiting three.

The week couldn't have started any better for me as only an hour into the first hunt I got a tone just above where a nickel would come in and pulled out what looked to be a small flat button. As I placed it in my left hand it slipped and fell. I couldn't see it among the leaves and twigs so picked up my detector but it didn't see it either. I remember thinking "I'll never find that tiny brown button among all this brown debris. But what the heck it's just a flat button." Right? I got down on my knees and soon saw it standing on edge amongst the leaves. I carefully picked it up and that's when I saw it's six pointed star!! I had to call Treblehunter over to verify my ID and he was laughing at me 'cause I was shaking like a leaf. But it was what I suspected - a trime!! 1852. If before this trip you had asked me what I would like to find - this coin would have been my answer but I wouldn't have believed it to be possible.

Sorry to be so longwinded but I couldn't help myself.

DSC_7171.jpg

DSC_7170 2.jpg

My other finds;

DSC_7165.JPG

The crusty LC was IDed by Tom as a draped bust. 2 Indians beside it - some cleaning needed.
The piece of a coin is from a coin the size of an LC,, ID anyone?
The first coin in the dime line appears to be another Barber. Would have loved to have a seated to add to the trifecta. The toasty Merk is a '16 with an unfortunate "s".

Other stuff includes a 1908 New York dog tag. My oldest tag.

DSC_7161.jpg

The rest;

DSC_7166.JPG

I would appreciate any ID for the bottom item.

Thanks for Lookin'.

GL &HH to everyone but most of all them B******* Of Bramble

Last edited:
Upvote 31

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread