Weekend IndianHead

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Got out for a few hours over the weekend and found this IndianHead. Fairly decent shape for this area. Most of the older wheats and IH's I have found were pretty covered up by thick patina.
Found a IH two weeks ago that I could barely discern, and upon trying to clean it up have made it all but unrecognizable.
Looking at the Redbook saw that this year, 1886 had two mint times (?). One for early in the year and one later in the year. Seems the difference is where the last feather in the head dress points. This one minted in first half of the year.
Just and interesting FYI. Thanks for looking and HH.

PS. My first 'finds' post, so bear with me, hope pics are here also.

Attachments

• IndianHead1886 2.jpg
    IndianHead1886 2.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IndianHead1886.jpg
    IndianHead1886.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 13

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your find! Finding any Indian Head is still on my check list.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the IH recovery! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Nighthunter

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks all for the Congrats. I really enjoy reading through "Today's Finds", (several times daily!!), just to see the really neat stuff and old coins that 'we' (MDer's) find in the ground. Simply amazes me the guys/ladies from the
east coast areas with the 1700's and early 1800's coins.. Must be a heart racer when finding them. Hope to find more and post more consistently. Thanks again and good luck/ HH to all.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T- net ! Nice find , I too am still awaiting my first metal detected Indian Head cent .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread