Finds from the football field.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
The season is over now for local football. With this in mind, the other day, I detected a local football pitch. Taking care not to leave any holes, I had a short hunt. These are the finds, as you would expect, modern coins. Plenty of aluminium football boot studs. And a bonus gold signet ring. The ring was well down, and must have been lost many years ago. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_9112.JPG
    IMG_9112.JPG
    566.5 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 15

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome ring save

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
With your record, I expected for you to have found a hamlet. Lol. Good to see you're getting that shovel dirty and making some finds. Cheers

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
With your record, I expected for you to have found a hamlet. Lol. Good to see you're getting that shovel dirty and making some finds. Cheers
Hello Scrappy true letting the side down :laughing7:. Stopped posting the hammered around last Christmas, even I was getting bored ( total for the season 161, consisting of full, cut, and coin fragments, to put that in to context, more than some English searchers have found, or will ever find , in their detecting careers ) :laughing7: As for gold rings, that's only my 7th since 1984. Robert.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, congratulations on the very nice gold ring and other goodies from the "SOCCER FIELD" as we Yanks call it! :laughing7: Sub

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate aluminium objects (usually). They ring up so nicely but are usually trash...

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I hate aluminium objects (usually). They ring up so nicely but are usually trash...
True Diamondman, those little aluminium studs sound great. When searching modern sites with the Deus, I only dig high pitched signals. This way, I still get the coins, and the gold or silver jewellery . Importantly not digging a thousand bits of silver paper, this comes through as a solid duller type signal. Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions