SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the week out by getting our fish pond up and running...

P4260121.JPG

Now that the work is done, it's time to do some searching for old foundations in the woods and see if the morel mushrooms have surfaced yet. My buddy and I found two promising foundations. One was near an abandoned apple orchard, and sure enough, we found a few early morels for the frying pan tonight.

P4260114.JPG

I decided to detect at the farm house where I helped find a wedding ring for my buddies son's wife and hit two matched 1937 P Wheaties about 20 feet apart.

P4260136.JPG P4260137.JPG

A little while later, I get a signal that could be a gold ring and am surprised to see what looks to be the glint of gold in the hole. I carefully wipe off some of the dirt and I found a pin awarded to a bowler that achieved a 200 game. Not exactly gold but the excitement was there for a few seconds...

P4260132.JPG

Then it happens, I get a signal that could also be a ring and out pops the extremely rare Detroit Lions Superbowl ring...

P4260135.JPG

Looks like it got stomped-on in the victory party and then I remember the Lions haven't won the big one yet so no cigar.

O yah, had to finish off the day with my wife and we enjoyed nice fillets with the morels and a salad.

[email protected] P4260119.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 32

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice post! I'm not a mushroom fan, but that plate does look awesome!

-- Jeff --

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
As my world disassembled during my divorce, I spent some time working with the Pistons and the Lions.

A drunken bunch they be then. I served drinks during some of the many parties, often times the chicks accompanying the players would throw their drinks in my face.. I sure loved doing those duties.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of wheats, pin, nice ring, fish have a clean pond, looks like it was a nice day and top it all off, found the morels and had them with that really nice looking dinner! You had a good day! Congrats!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice story and shroom finds.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I love morrels but we only have them in May. Lucky you! :occasion14:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the week out by getting our fish pond up and running...

View attachment 1444458

Now that the work is done, it's time to do some searching for old foundations in the woods and see if the morel mushrooms have surfaced yet. My buddy and I found two promising foundations. One was near an abandoned apple orchard, and sure enough, we found a few early morels for the frying pan tonight.

View attachment 1444461

I decided to detect at the farm house where I helped find a wedding ring for my buddies son's wife and hit two matched 1937 P Wheaties about 20 feet apart.

View attachment 1444462 View attachment 1444463

A little while later, I get a signal that could be a gold ring and am surprised to see what looks to be the glint of gold in the hole. I carefully wipe off some of the dirt and I found a pin awarded to a bowler that achieved a 200 game. Not exactly gold but the excitement was there for a few seconds...

View attachment 1444464

Then it happens, I get a signal that could also be a ring and out pops the extremely rare Detroit Lions Superbowl ring...

View attachment 1444466

Looks like it got stomped-on in the victory party and then I remember the Lions haven't won the big one yet so no cigar.

O yah, had to finish off the day with my wife and we enjoyed nice fillets with the morels and a salad.

[email protected] View attachment 1444467
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread