Coinstar finds #2

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just wow! Another FANTASTIC DAY! 2 1947 silver Rosies! That makes 4 silver dimes in one week. Just from Coinstar machines! In addition, my girlfriend, kid sister and I went under the machines, around the sides, and found several more coins, including an Ike dollar! The staffs of the stores even helped us get the coins out, because there was also a lot of garbage under the machines too.

coins3.jpg coins4.png coins5.png coins6.png

I must have the lucky coin gods looking out for me! One of those dimes appears as if it might have some sort of error on it as well. I was also suprised I found an Ike dollar stuck under the side of the machine. Wow! People really get careless around Coinstar machines. Keep on checking them!

Todays finds:
$3.51 in clad
1930 Wheat penny
1937 Wheat penny
1962-D Memorial penny
2x 1947 silver Rosie dimes
1978 Ike dollar
2x Canadian dimes
Canadian nickel
Canadian quarter
English 5 pence
100 Colombian peso coin
5 German pfennig coin
1976 NYC subway token

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a zinc penny last weekend in the coinstar.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched as they collected one day and you would be amazed at how many coins miss the hole into the boxes.Under the machines are loaded and the boxes have coins on them also.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do check them every time I see one. Problem is, is that they are always empty!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do check them every time I see one. Problem is, is that they are always empty!

Trezurehunter...keep checking!! The one at my local Kroger was always empty too...then one night, I saw a lone, single dime...and already knew from 15 feet away that it was silver lol...yep! 54 Rosie...The next time there was over $2.00 clad...just sitting there...so keep checking, you'll hit eventually! Ddf

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Coinstar grabs! This makes me want to drive the extra 5 miles to the nearest market with a Coinstar machine whenever I go grocery shopping. Well done!

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
1990s - Bounty Hunter Tracker (Wife's)
Future - Likely an XP Deus (On the hunt.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! And all for just bending over for a few seconds!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I found a few pennies on the floor at the edge of the coinstar.... next to that, was my water display rack...
There were about 50 more pennies under that.:laughing7: Nothing old or notable, but mine now.

winmeek

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstars won't count Eisenhowers and won't return them either. They go into the internal reject box. Put an Eisenhower into the machine and then tell the store you deposited a coin and did not paid for it. They will open the machine and give you the contents of the internal box. I've gotten rings and silver coins out of that internal box. Pretty much played it out in my area but would like to hear how it works for you.

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a way to get silvers and more Eisenhowers >:3

Top Member Reactions