Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been out much because of all the Spring chores and family duties. I have been on a couple of short hunts here and there and have found a nice variety of coins and relics. Monday I went with my buddy Micah on a job in a small town south of us. This always gives us an excuse to make a detecting trip out of it. We got the job done and had a few hours to hunt before dark. We started at a small church and it was tough. Hardly any deep signals and we couldn't find anything old at all. Over an hour into hunting there, my buddy called me over and said he had something really good. Sure enough he had Big Silver in the hole. After a quick rinse in a puddle, it turned out to be a beautiful 1918s Walking Half! Don't see those early walkers come up and in good shape often. This was his first silver for the season and man it was exciting! We continued to hunt around there and a few other places like around an old store and school but with zero luck for anything else. As it was getting dark and we were desperate to keep digging, I told Micah of a small school spot just down the road a little ways. We headed down and with very little light left we got to swinging. I got over a couple of wheaties and then had a great signal that ended up being a liquor bottle cap. I went two feet from there and had another great signal that was fairly shallow and just knew it would be trash. I cut the plug and the target was still in the clod and was still sure it would be a clad quarter or trash. I dug through the roots with my finger and out rolled that Big Silver and I just laughed with excitement! I turned to Micah and said well we're even! What are the chances of us only getting one silver each and both were Walkers! We had fun going back home talking about the thrill of digging a half and recalling the number of hunts that one of us had dug one on our trips together. Always a blast to share the excitement with a buddy. The group photo is of my last few hunts. HH David

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493348346.497536.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493348375.968411.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493348394.928483.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493348417.155458.jpg

Upvote 26

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt with two walkers found, Awesome!!
Yeah,I'm still looking for my first.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet walkers congrats!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two walkers on land in a day would be super rare in my book. Very nice

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff. One Walker makes for a beautiful day. Two? Faaaaaaaaaannnntttaassstic! Continued success!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic, ,
Congrats to both of you for digging big Silver.
Walkers are really pretty coins.

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah! That first silver 1918-S is worth more than all 60 of mine. Congratulations to you and your buddy on two very beautiful Walkers and a well matched hunt!

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome finds, looked like there was plenty of things to get excited over

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt with two walkers found, Awesome!!
Yeah,I'm still looking for my first.

You get over yours one day. I think you got your machine set to much older coins. You may need to adjust it to more modern years...

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two walkers on land in a day would be super rare in my book. Very nice

Yeah pretty tough to come by. I lucked up on a Walker and a Franklin half within 10 feet of each other a couple of years ago and still can't believe I did that.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic, ,
Congrats to both of you for digging big Silver.
Walkers are really pretty coins.

Thanks. Yeah I think it's one of the prettiest designs. Really love to find one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread