Had a big (silver) surprise today.

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Had the itch to go swing when I got off this morning. Have had a couple spots on the back burner that needed checking out so decided to try one or two since I was out by myself. First was a bust, lawn care was there and didn't want to interfere so I rolled over to a trusty spot to kill some time while I waited to hear about the second spot. Managed a KGII or III but not much of anything else. Got the good word on the new spot and headed on over. House is still standing in the middle of two pretty expansive fields but is TRASHY. To trashy to swing type trashy. Swung around the dirt floor under the house for a few and found nothing. Thought about leaving but the grass in the lower field grabbed by attention. Got into a couple flat buttons right away and then a 20s dog tag. Talked to myself for a few and said "if there's flat buttons here there's definitely a coin so I can date the site". Yeah I talk to myself, don't act like y'all don't [emoji23]. Got a great signal in the corner of the field that came out with the plug and just saw the rim of a big hunk of silver. Called my buddy and started up a Facebook live for the reveal so he could see as he was at work. Don't know if I can save or the video off FB and post it here but here she is. Looks brand new! SEATED HALF! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493422515.953674.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493422536.018924.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493422560.302635.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493422577.103870.jpg

Upvote 34

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh hell yeah.
Beautiful old silver coin...

OP
OP
skateandcreate

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Thanks guys! Congrats to you too silvermonkey. Don't see these things too often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread