This weeks finds.... interesting relics from days gone by!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Not much in the way of coins this week. Another 1909 Lincoln Penny (no "S" or "VDB" unfortunately!).

However, I did dig a couple of interesting items.

First is a bolt. Ornate head that reads "Warranted Superior" and "Pat. Dec 27 1887". Little bit of asking around and I've found out this comes from a hand saw, used to hold the wooden handle on. It is sort of unique and might be worth a little bit of money. I've found a complete saw for sale with one of these in it, and that was selling for over $3000.00!!! Might be a valuable little screw!

Second and third items in the pic is the same thing. Just a button, but I can't find anything out about it. I've located info on buttons marked "Superior Orange Gilt", but not "Standard Orange Gilt" as this one is marked. Any help???

All of these items came from a place that served as a toolhouse for a major road in my part of the woods during the late 1800's. Pretty neat site, and there is much more ground to cover there, so I expect more to come... hopefully some more coins too!

Had a fun week test driving an Ace 250. Quite a bit of machine for a nice little price! I think I did alright!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• tollhousefinds.jpg
    tollhousefinds.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Interesting finds there, too bad your button did not have some sort of military decoration on the front. Sorry can't help you.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs and sounds like a great place to hunt!

HH and keep posting!

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread