Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2916.JPG IMG_2917.JPG
So in my fourth week of my metal detecting career I found my second bell in three weeks. My first bell had a square shank on it and this one appears to have a top that has a cut out half Way through. I'm not sure how this would have connected.
I could use some help with the second item. I found it in my yard earlier, the same yard I found my fugio cent and the two colonial buttons. It appears to be hollow and on one of the pictures it looks like there is a engraving of a pineapple. It's looking like it may be some type of pill container? There seems to be a seam at one end but I have not been able to unscrew or pry it open. Any ideas?
As always, thanks for your thoughts

Upvote 8
OP
OP
H

Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1447188 View attachment 1447189
So in my fourth week of my metal detecting career I found my second bell in three weeks. My first bell had a square shank on it and this one appears to have a top that has a cut out half Way through. I'm not sure how this would have connected.
I could use some help with the second item. I found it in my yard earlier, the same yard I found my fugio cent and the two colonial buttons. It appears to be hollow and on one of the pictures it looks like there is a engraving of a pineapple. It's looking like it may be some type of pill container? There seems to be a seam at one end but I have not been able to unscrew or pry it open. Any ideas?
As always, thanks for your thoughts
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG OK so I finally got it open. On the smaller innertube there seems to be a separate lining. I'm thinking this might be a lipstick case but when I googled it I could not find anything

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
still cool, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread