ALL MY HUNTING SO FAR THIS WEEK.

Maria D. Contes

Jul 2, 2007
Hello u guys :). I want to share the photos i promised to post, half of these things i have no idea what they are. ??? But i am happy that it has been a great beginning.Hopefully with your guidance i can figure out what some of these things are. The pics will be better quality once i get a good camera. My first hunt was in my backyard were i found the mercury dime 1917 & 1944 silver quarter,1946 dime,a few Wheaties. ;) my MD was rewarding me the first day. Ever since this hobby has won my heart. (HAPPY HUNTINGS TO ALL & HAVE GREAT FINDS.)

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 415
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Sweet job hunting for a newby. If you found that already you have more treasures still hidden in your yard. Welcome to the greatest hobby on earth!

R

RUDY2003

Wow Maria!
Thats' some yard!
An old pistol frame, silver and is that a gold nugget?

Keep diggin'...

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
HMMM, let's see if I can get the rest ;D HH
Jim

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 364
OP
OP
M

Maria D. Contes

Jul 2, 2007
Well to be honest with you it was incrusted with dirt & rock minerals. My Bounty Hunter Tracker II went crazy beeping. So i just started diggin and it was as black as the second picture when i found it. i put it in olive oil for a a couple of hrs. But i don't know where to go to find out if it is a gold nugget or not that's why i decided to post it. what can i do to find out if it is gold? Where i live it has a lot of history from as early as the 1700's. Here there are lots of places full of history but everywhere seems to be government owned. There is a foundation from the dates of 1700's still with a chimney but it belongs in the land of a state park. :-\ That is also a reason why i stick to my back yard. Thankyou to all of you guys for sending me your replies. Also i meant to mention then it is well worth the mosquito's biting and eating me alive!!!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Maria D. Contes said:
Well to be honest with you it was incrusted with dirt & rock minerals. My Bounty Hunter Tracker II went crazy beeping. So i just started diggin and it was as black as the second picture when i found it. i put it in olive oil for a a couple of hrs. But i don't know where to go to find out if it is a gold nugget or not that's why i decided to post it. what can i do to find out if it is gold? Where i live it has a lot of history from as early as the 1700's. Here there are lots of places full of history but everywhere seems to be government owned. There is a foundation from the dates of 1700's still with a chimney but it belongs in the land of a state park. :-\ That is also a reason why i stick to my back yard. Thankyou to all of you guys for sending me your replies. Also i meant to mention then it is well worth the mosquito's biting and eating me alive!!!!
Gold should clean with water........

~Nash~

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I agree with Nashoba, if it's gold. There are some simple techniques to determine it's specific gravity which would tell you if it is gold or not. Congrats on all the finds in your yard. Seems like they've been pretty well identified. Keep em coming!

OP
OP
M

Maria D. Contes

Jul 2, 2007
Thanks all. For helping me to identify the stuff. Also for all your post. Hopefully tomarrow i can sneak and hunt at one of the old school yards nearby. As far as that nugget i don't know what it is? Thankyou for informing me if it is gold it should wash with water alone i will keep that in mind. :) Wish you all Happy Huntings & Good Luck in your next Findings. I will keep you posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread