Pocket watch, 2 Indians, some wheats, and an odd ball penny

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just back from our winter in Arizona and have not had much time to hunt yet, but got in several hours. Along with the list of things to do when we get home, the doctor put me on a heart monitor for 2 weeks and I had to see the Orthopedic doctor for a hip giving me pain. Hopefully a Cortizone shot on Tuesday will cure that problem and the heart monitor is just a precautionary thing checking for possible A Fib problems. Don't let anyone tell you the golden years are great. Everything starts breaking down and falling apart. Enough rambling about aches and pains. I went to a permission I have hunted before, and I was able to find 2 Indians, 1906 and 1899, several wheats with the oldest one being a 1918, and an extremely toasted pocket watch. The strange penny is a 1970 Bermuda penny. It has a pig on the reverse. Weird! How did that thing end up in Martinsburg, Pa.? Maybe better finds with the next hunt. IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG Happy hunting and thanks for looking.

Upvote 21

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds, loved the Bermuda penny, probably someone who had been stationed there in service brought it back to states. Yep, the only thing "golden" that I has found has been how often I have to go and how long it takes to go. you are forced to adapt new ways of doing things because of newer limitations if you want to keep doing something. You gotta be tough to get old and still be able to do anything. keep as active as you can for as long as you can

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love any Indian I can get my coil over. I am starting to empathize with aches and limitations as we age. I can still go all day without any problems but, do "feel" the exhaustion more so than years back. Cool Bermuda Pig Penny. Foreign coins are always an interesting find. Have a great weekend and hope all goes well health wise.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice variety of finds. Always nice to get a few Indians.
A friend who is about 12 years older that me once said people ask him, "What Hurts?? He said he often replies with, "What Doesn't Hurt??"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the IH cents!

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your hunt. I see you dug a pigtail, much to be desired over the dreaded "beaver tail". Yesterday I dug a 1969 Canadian 5 cents and it has a beaver on the reverse.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is my goal, Dirtlooter. Keep moving and do as much as you can and a little more.
nice finds, loved the Bermuda penny, probably someone who had been stationed there in service brought it back to states. Yep, the only thing "golden" that I has found has been how often I have to go and how long it takes to go. you are forced to adapt new ways of doing things because of newer limitations if you want to keep doing something. You gotta be tough to get old and still be able to do anything. keep as active as you can for as long as you can

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Indians! That Bermuda one cent is pretty cool !

Yes, getting older sucks!, Feel better and keep hunting!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a good day out swinging! :occasion14:
Indians and a lil pig. Good variety of goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread