George Washington met two Indians at the Barber!

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday after the multiple days of rain and hit the dream permission i got last week. (In review, last week i dug six silver dimes ranging from 1856 seated to 1964 Rosie, 10 Indian head pennies, a 1897 barber quarter, a buff and a shield nickel on my first day at this permission.) Needless to say i was pretty stoked to get back to it. Unfortunately the rain saturated ground made hunting the deep squeakers a challenge. I did happen to pull out a 1945 Washington quarter, two Indian head pennies (1899, 1879), and a 1904 barber dime. Not a bad day. Ill be going back again. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

image2(3).JPG image1(4).JPG

Upvote 13

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not too bad? heck that is pretty darn good!

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not too bad? heck that is pretty darn good!

I dno looter, last time i really made out. This time i left itching for more. You guys might be seeing some awesome posts from me if this whole road is as virgin as this one property.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice digs but why would the soaked soil make it more difficult to find deep coins?

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs but why would the soaked soil make it more difficult to find deep coins?

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure water is more conductive then dirt. And when you have a two day rain spell the upper dirt is saturated with water. Making whatever metal in the ground more conductive (locally to the metal). In a nice iron and trash free environment, it makes finding deep targets easier. But in iron and trash infested sites like the permission i just got, it makes it harder for the detector because the local area surrounding the metal in the ground becomes conductive with the metal. Kind of like how iron can sometimes have a "Halo" that creates a ghost signal. Last week the ground was dryer and i was able to get in between the trash and iron and pull out some really nice coins that were around 8-11" deep. Yesterday i was getting maybe 7" at best. The only variable was the ground saturation. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
BeenFishin

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also im pretty sure (from my experience and in my opinion) wind speed, solar winds, emi, the gravitational forces of the moon, temperature and dog doo doo have some type of mythical effect on metal detectors as well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread