FOUND MY FIRST SILVER COIN TODAY & IT'S A BEAUTY!!!

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Found my first Silver Coin today a 1941 Silver Mercury Dime. I'm fairly new to Metal Detecting & Coin collecting can someone tell me the Value of this coin and is this considered in pretty good condition?

IMG_20170517_162017_337.jpg IMG_20170517_162017_335.jpg

Upvote 49

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a post from early last year , I'm not aware of a coin grade of "pretty good" but the coin might grade extra fine ? Basically a grade below AU (almost uncirculated ) Nice !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver coin. She is a beauty ! My first silver coin was also a Merc ( 30 years ago ) and I can remember to this day where I found it. I still do what ATW recommended, and put all of my silvers, old nickels and coppers, and tokens into 2x2 cardboard holders and label them with the date, place found, and the detector I was using, and of course 1rst one found. Someday we may not remember details, and it will prove handy when looking thru your coin book in years to come.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first shiny coin. Now that you have cleared the hurdle, they will be easier to find. My first was a mercury dime also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread