๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with GKlug for a little permission seeking down south. We knocked on a bunch of doors and lots of people werent home and I only talked to 4 people. 2 said no (1 renter, and 1 guy who detects) and 2 said yes. 2 of the nicest, oldest homes I ever Got permission at and they both were kinda duds. The 1st place either was hit by others or fill dirt from the addition covered the goods. Only managed 1 1958 roosie there (silver 22 fty) and 3 clad coins. The 2nd place the owner gave me the instant yes but said it's been hit before. Focused on the rear of the back yard and squeaked out this beautiful 1830 large cent. Rang in a perfect 12-46 loud and clear at 5 inches. I called the Greg over so he could hear it with his machine and it rang and perfectly clear for him too. It's one of those targets that you just don't want to dig you want to sit there and listen to it forever lol. We ended up leaving around 2pm. Started to get sweltering hot out!
Thanks for looking and hh!! 20170518_164544.jpg 20170518_170103.jpg 20170518_133428.jpg 20170518_133531.jpg 20170518_164145.jpg

Upvote 29

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cjon...congrats on a handful of great finds! Finds you would have ever found had you not took the initiative to get out and knock those doors..nice silver and even nicer Largie! I laughed when you said "one of those signals you want to just sit there and listen forever". I chuckled because I took advantage of an early 1800 permission in our Heritage District... (friend), and after digging clad after clad...I got that SWEET and solid 91...BING BING...I just stood there and took it in..BING BING...finally assumed the position, dug a W I D E plug so not to mar my big silver...and pulled 2 clad quarters together...ugh. Thx for sharing, Ddf..

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Those LCs have eluded me so far. Plus a Rosie awesome!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Id take a nice LC like that anyday. Its amazing the number of great looking properties that produce very little. Im guessing fill dirt or already hit being likely culprits as well. Most of the good stuff today seems to come from sites in the woods or fields that have been long forgotten

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello cjon455. Two keeper coins 128-YRs apart...nice one! HH C9

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt,,
I hope the heat we got today isn't an indication of what our summer is going to be like.
Congrats on some sweet recoveries.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the LC and rosie cjon. Looks like a successful day to me.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call that a very successful day.
thank you, as you can see the houses were crazy old so we hoped for more but I'm happy with what I got

Sweet finds
thank ya sir!

Love the LC and rosie cjon. Looks like a successful day to me.
Thanks brother, its one of my nicer condition largies

Very nice hunt,,
I hope the heat we got today isn't an indication of what our summer is going to be like.
Congrats on some sweet recoveries.
thank you! my god it was crazy hot. We had no relief from the sun either.

Hello cjon455. Two keeper coins 128-YRs apart...nice one! HH C9
thanks cambria!

Congrats. Id take a nice LC like that anyday. Its amazing the number of great looking properties that produce very little. Im guessing fill dirt or already hit being likely culprits as well. Most of the good stuff today seems to come from sites in the woods or fields that have been long forgotten
thanks!, we hit an area known to have numerous detectorists around so I'm not surprised they were hit before.

Congrats! Those LCs have eluded me so far. Plus a Rosie awesome!
thank you, keep looking they're out there!

Cjon...congrats on a handful of great finds! Finds you would have ever found had you not took the initiative to get out and knock those doors..nice silver and even nicer Largie! I laughed when you said "one of those signals you want to just sit there and listen forever". I chuckled because I took advantage of an early 1800 permission in our Heritage District... (friend), and after digging clad after clad...I got that SWEET and solid 91...BING BING...I just stood there and took it in..BING BING...finally assumed the position, dug a W I D E plug so not to mar my big silver...and pulled 2 clad quarters together...ugh. Thx for sharing, Ddf..
Thanks ddf!, I just had a feeling about that signal, its tone, the CEO, the depth, all perfect. I literally listened to it for about a minute lol!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds Cjon. That's a beautiful looking home that would have caught my eye as well. A chimney on both ends of the roof of an older looking home is a nice indicator of age. The thin rectangular windows on the second floor up under the eaves is another nice indicator of age. This home doesn't have them but many do. Great permission and congrats on the finds.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty sweet finds, I would fall over if something like that LC was in my hole

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds Cjon. That's a beautiful looking home that would have caught my eye as well. A chimney on both ends of the roof of an older looking home is a nice indicator of age. The thin rectangular windows on the second floor up under the eaves is another nice indicator of age. This home doesn't have them but many do. IGreat permission and congrats on the finds.
Thank you! I kind of got an eye for those older homes and I went to that area specifically looking for that type of home. Even though I knew they were hit prior to us getting there by other detectors I figured it was still worth a shot because like they say nobody gets it all

Pretty sweet finds, I would fall over if something like that LC was in my hole
Thanks!, the signal sounded amazing, I swiped over it for about a minute before I dug it lol just listening and smiling

thank you!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a couple of nice coins for the effort. 50 % average on door knocking isnt to bad.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Chris. Nice LC brother.

Good to see you hitting it up regularly again.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT