A pearl!

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the other night I'm at the Chinese buffet with the family, and the restaurant had raw oysters, along with mussels and clams. I grab a dozen oysters and while I'm dislocating the meat from the shell on one oyster, this little guy rolls away...!
18358630_10154679738402106_5920837952141405146_o.jpg

As it happens, this is actually the second pearl I've gotten this way. About a dozen years ago my wife were in a different buffet and while I'm eating a raw oyster I felt something hard and it was a pearl. In the picture, the smaller one is the first one I found.
20170508_110029.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! That is a beautiful color too. I've always wanted to find my own pearl in an oyster. Who knew they could actually be found at buffets and 2 times by the same person? :dontknow:

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've shucked thousands of oysters never found a pearl. I have found lots of tiny crabs and other creatures hiding inside. I'm jelly I wonder what you could get for them?

OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've shucked thousands of oysters never found a pearl. I have found lots of tiny crabs and other creatures hiding inside. I'm jelly I wonder what you could get for them?

No idea but I would never sell them. My wife is a jewelry artist and she only works with precious and semiprecious stones. In her vast collection she has one millimeter pearls that were turned into beads. can you imagine, natural one millimeter pearls with holes in them?

I'm just going to hold on to these two for now. I'll either get a pearl cage for them, or I'll get them drilled and have them made into a piece of jewelry for my wife and or daughter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread