Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked this up at good will for $4

The paper looks extremely old

I checked online and see lots of similar maps but not one that has color on it

One of the similar maps is listed for $5400

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/w...gclid=CNnUvcDMi9QCFZiEswoddSEOgQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

What do you think of this map. Good buy or waste of $4

Can anyone find another identical map and how much is it worth?????

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495734368.732072.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495734393.374648.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495734408.787283.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495734431.541816.jpg

Upvote 9

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not unethical. He bought it for $4 not knowing whether it was real or not. Hes going to now present it to a larger audience under the same premise for a higher amount. Nothing unethical about that. Nor is it unethical to claim similar maps have sold on ebay for higher prices.

If you are not certain something is original and you list it as such without disclosing it may not be an original I can assure you that is frowned upon by EBay and you will almost certainly get a negative review as well as some form of warning from EBay. Again if you state it 's authenticity" is uncertain then it is up to the buyer to decide.So if you are not certain an item is authentic and you have any doubts as is apparently the case with this map it would certainly be unethical to list it as authentic. How would you feel if you paid big money for an item listed as authentic to have it be a fake? Buyer beware is one thing but being purposely vague is another. Treat other people as you wish to be treated.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not certain something is original and you list it as such without disclosing it may not be an original I can assure you that is frowned upon by EBay and you will almost certainly get a negative review as well as some form of warning from EBay. Again if you state it 's authenticity" is uncertain then it is up to the buyer to decide.So if you are not certain an item is authentic and you have any doubts as is apparently the case with this map it would certainly be unethical to list it as authentic. How would you feel if you paid big money for an item listed as authentic to have it be a fake? Buyer beware is one thing but being purposely vague is another. Treat other people as you wish to be treated.

No where did i suggest he sell it described as an original. I understand what point your are making. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with my suggestion on how to sell it. When it comes to getting the most money for an item, youve got to straddle the line and hustle.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of professional help. Where should I go ? Antique stores?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread