May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was invited to dig another test pit in the back garden of a house that was situated within the old Roman Town. My research told me it was near the site of an old 1970s dairy which did concern me a little, but you need to dig & see.
After digging down to the natural yellow gravel with no medieval or Roman signs indicates to me that its all modern fill right down to natural. So a zero result for a digger of Roman Archaeology. But its all good information & better than sitting in front of the TV for a couple of hours.

Any idea on the age of the Iron Blade? 18th or 19th?
Got an interesting Welsh Railway related tile, still researching.....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    495.3 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 12

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The blade shape looks more 18th Century style - that's my vote. And yep, a day digging is better than a day in front of the Telly

Cheers

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blade shape looks more 18th Century style - that's my vote. And yep, a day digging is better than a day in front of the Telly

Cheers
Yeap, my best guess as well. Just not something I have found before.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi crusader , you could dig that hole in half the time if you used a long handle post hole shovel . Your archie mates are not very smart Tp

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging trash-treasure is indeed better time spent than having your brain transformed into mush by a TV. I haven't had a TV signal since the analog signal went by by. NO cable, satellite, nothing. I do watch old VHS tapes, DVD's, and Blurays and I certainly am not missing anything that will benefit my mind, body, soul without a TV signal. Keep digging mate.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shovel used to dig the hole is older than the majority of those artifacts, but still an infinite better use of time than sitting in font of the idiot box. :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging trash-treasure is indeed better time spent than having your brain transformed into mush by a TV. I haven't had a TV signal since the analog signal went by by. NO cable, satellite, nothing. I do watch old VHS tapes, DVD's, and Blurays and I certainly am not missing anything that will benefit my mind, body, soul without a TV signal. Keep digging mate.

Hi Kurios , A happy balance is healthy but if a passion crosses the line into be obsessive that called having a screw loose .TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , looks to be a garden spade to me , you have ask crusader if its roman or ancient TP

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , looks to be a garden spade to me , you have ask crusader if its roman or ancient TP
It's was my Grandad's & it will out last any spade I have used in the past. Most spades even the good one's last less than 1 year & I've lost count of how many years this has lasted - 60? It will last my lifetime & some.
You can use your 'long handle post hole shovel' & I will still out dig you. Nothing to do with smart, more to do with speed & energy. I have too much of both.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi crusader , you could dig that hole in half the time if you used a long handle post hole shovel . Your archie mates are not very smart Tp

Post hole shovel ? heh

Not agreed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread