• metal detector 004.jpg
    metal detector 004.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I beleive that's an Eagle Artillery button. Look with a mag. glass, the writing on the back is called a backmark and tells where the button was made. Congratulations on breaking into the 1800's. WTG

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
I did look with a 30x magnifier but I cant make out any writing, I guess the fertilizer got to it a little. Thanks for the info. Rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a nice area there rich.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?also button looks like a Rifelman Button I was told pre Civil war , only mine has an R of course.

Congrats on the find.? ?

Did you hear the Geese today ? AH SPRING? ;D? .................jeff

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, buttons are always good!

wish spring would hit here-- we have 6 or more inches of snow on the ground still :(

Keep posting!

HH

Lonewolfe

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich, did you do Fort ******** ****** or the Old Hotel last year ?

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
I was up there messing around a little bit but did not cover it to much. I plan on heading up there in a couple weeks sometime, I know right now that there is still snow on the ground up there. I am not really sure where the old hotel was. Were you ever up there?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, I know exactly where the hotel was, I got a Skeleton Key there last year. were you up with a weed wacker ? :) & a friend in a Pickup ?

I know exactly where the fort was too

not at the stone marker

and I think I found the Stabels

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
I wasnt up there with a weed wacker. Is that all you found up there Jeff, I would think there should be some good stuff up there. I didnt think the stone marker was in the right place but I dont know where the fort was. Did you do any checking around that old foundation by the pond? up there?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found other things, but the Skeleton Key was my best. was only there 3 times in fall. Very Grown up at the time & Swampy every where else. alot of rain at the time

if your talking foundation across the old stage road from? the ****. with steps that was the hotel

my friend "Rich in central Pa" saw 2 in a pickup heading back. he said they were carring weedwackers, just wondered :)

will probably head up there early April also. before things start growing again.

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
I thought that was a house, I seen the well there. That would be the spot I was talking about. I would think the detecting up there would be pretty good in a couple of weeks, as I said I know there is still snow on the ground up there. I work in reading and drive by every day.? I walked around up there a little bit but I couldnt pinpoint the exact spot of the fort.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep thats the Hotel. with the well.

I wont post here where the Fort was, but maby I can show you. all I'll say is there was a well there too.

theres snow here , so there must be there. SNOW WEDNSDAY AGAIN TOO, but 55 thursday so....................--

By the way Rich, I hope you understand the *****'s & their reason lol

OP
OP
R

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
I got ya Jeff, I will let you know when the area looks clear for a little hunting. I dont think the snow will be around to much longer. One day maybe I'll meet you up there before everything grows in. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread