Find of a lifetime fro me!!!

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today to do an early hunt, went back to a dump site i have been hunting in for the last year and a half, got a funny signal, kind bouncing around so i dug, It was a 1920,s or 30,s Princess compact, when i picked it up there was a rattle to it, opened it up and was shocked at what was in it, 1..1900 barber quarter and 3 barber dimes 1914..15..16, I was able to also find a 1950,s silver dime, Thats a find of a life time for me...

P1050187.JPG P1050188.JPG P1050190.JPG

Upvote 72

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an honest to God long lost buried treasure hoard right there! -the stuff of pirate stories and such that we all dream of!!
It's been lost for just over 100 years too, very cool!!
:occasion14::treasurechest:

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow and it looks like they are in great shape, you lucky dog, all that digging paying off!

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Northern Michigan/Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger, Garrett Waist treasure bag
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just Wow! I keep hoping sometime I dig up an old jar, bottle or change purse with money in it.. Congratulations on the cool find!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an honest to God long lost buried treasure hoard right there! -the stuff of pirate stories and such that we all dream of!!
It's been lost for just over 100 years too, very cool!!
:occasion14::treasurechest:

Damn Straight Mate !

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have found a small yet significant casche or however you spell it. Yes indeed, real buried treasure. You must have been buzzing on the adrenaline.:headbang: I found a tiny compact with a merc dime and a few wheats once. Not nearly as cool as your Barber Shop Quartet. Bravo!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your excellent find! This illustrates why we should dig all signals.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your excellent find! This illustrates why we should dig all signals.

Yes sir. I found my best oldie coin spill in my own front yard. It sounded so bad it took me three attempts at recovering it before I finally found any of the coins. It was a Barber quarter, Barber dime, V Nickel, all 1892, and a seated dime to complete the spill. I believe the V Nickel was causing the most trouble throwing the signal off. Anyway, yes, dig that beep.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a super nice find. And Kudos to you for digging the iffy signal. Those are a nice addition to the coin collection. Wets my appetite to go out and do more hunting.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jhen999, I've dug up compacts before, but never have I had one that "rattled", always shook them, but no rattle, what a thrill THAT must of been.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find! Really cool.

aj

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. I have found about a dozen of those compact cases. The only problem is that when I shake mine a little bit, its only the broken glass from the mirror I hear rattling on the inside !!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find,, it was not too uncommon a practice for ladies to carry change in a small empty compact cases. I think you found a lost improvised change purse rather than a cache.
Either way, congratulations on a 5 silver hunt.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful! I have found a couple old compacts and all they held was moldy powder. You had the luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread